1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured The Commandments of Jesus Christ

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Stephen Levi, May 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stephen Levi

Stephen Levi New Member

Add this to your list, I do not believe your mother ever said anything to you about the Seven Spirits of God. I believe your mother did not even know they existed.

2. Winman

Winman Active Member

False. It is not saying if you do not keep Jesus's commandments you do not love Jesus.

It is Jesus simply saying, if you love me, then obey me.

3. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    ...and no one believes that this is your first time here or that you are here with Godly intentions.

We know who you are.

And when I say "we", I mean multiple members - not one member with multiple user names spamming multiple sites.

C'est la vie -

4. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So which commandments are we to keep?

5. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

By admission, then, you are not actually a member of a Baptist Church. You just go to them and preach "your doctrine," the exact same things 'we' preach here," which is not Baptist doctrine.
    So what are you? You don't seem to be Baptist. What are you affiliated with?

6. The Biblicist

The Biblicist Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

The context is referring to experiential abiding in Christ. It is not referring to being "created in Christ" (Eph. 2:10) or "chosen in him" (Eph. 1:4) or positionally seated "in Christ" (Eph. 2:7) or being "baptized in Christ" (Gal. 3:27) or metaphorically "in Christ" by church membership (1 Cor. 12:12-13).

Being "chosen in him" occurred "before the foundation of the world (Eph. 1:4) and therefore could not be obtained or effected by anything you were able to do as you did not exist. Being "created in Christ" is an act beyond your ability as you cannot create anything and besides Paul says it preceded all "good works" (Eph. 2:10b). Being positionally "seated in Christ in heavenly place is due to justification by faith "without works" (Rom. 4:5-11) and thus again has nothing to do with your obedience at all.

Experientially in Christ has to do with experiential power ("without me ye can do nothing") and experiential blessings (joy, fellowship, answered prayer, bearing fruit, etc.) that come with personal obedience but not with entrance into heaven. Thus experiencing the "love" of God and abiding in that experiential love, joy, assurance, blessings that come with personal obedience. This is what Christ means when he says he gives not merely life (eternal life) but life more abundantly - experiential daily joy, blessings that comes by abiding in him experientially - being filled with the Spirit.

#26 The Biblicist, May 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2014
  7. Stephen Levi

Stephen Levi New Member

You are not going to be able to use this as an excuse.
    I am a baptist member and I was baptized as a baptist in a baptist church.
    I am a baptist.

Please point out to me anything I have posted that is not baptist doctrine.
    I want to see that.

#27 Stephen Levi, May 25, 2014
  8. Stephen Levi

Stephen Levi New Member

All of them. Every one.

9. Stephen Levi

Stephen Levi New Member

Why have you made yourself my adversary?
    And why do you say these evil things about me with out any proof?
    I consider what you have said about me to be evil.

10. Stephen Levi

Stephen Levi New Member

Everything I have posted is straight, right from the bible.
    I am starting to think there are some baptist on here, that don't believe
    some parts of the bible are true.

11. Stephen Levi

Stephen Levi New Member

You know something is not quite right when a Christian
    ask you which commandments of Jesus Christ are they to obey
    and which ones they can disobey.

12. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

No, it shows your own complete ignorance of the Scriptures. Even novice believers have been taught that we are no longer under the Old Covenant as this is repeated over and over again by New Testament writers. Thus we are not under the civil and ceremonial law, sacrificial system, Temple ordinances which were all commandments of God under that Old Covenant administration. For example, do you practice the Nazerite vow? Do you keep the feast of unleavened bread? Do you have an altar in your backyard where you offer up animal sacrifices??? These were all commandments by God under the Old Covenant? What Baptist church do you attend that has not taught you the a,b,c,'s????????

#32 The Biblicist, May 25, 2014
  13. Stephen Levi

Stephen Levi New Member

The Commandments of Jesus Christ is the new covenant.

14. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

Jesus Christ is the Jehovah Messiah from Genesis to the incarnation who gave the first commandment in Genesis 2:17 to the last commandments in Malichi. He is the "God" who gave all the commandments to Adam to Moses BEFORE the Old Covenant was instituted in Exodus. He is the "I AM' who existed before Abraham (Jn. 8:57-58) and the same "I AM" who gave the commandments to Moses (Ex. 3:14).

So, you are agreeing that not all the commands of Jehovah our Saviour ("Jesus" - Mt. 1:21-23) are applicable today. Thus, his question was a very valid question as you are now clarifying and restricting the commandments of God to those under the "new Covenant" administration!!! Just curious, are you under the command of Christ to be baptized by the baptism of John (which he submitted unto) - Lk. 7:29-30??? Is it not Jesus who claims that to refuse to be baptized with the baptism of John is to reject the counsel of God????? Or do you just obey some of Christ's commandments, not this one? Or do you start your commandments after Pentecost?

#34 The Biblicist, May 25, 2014
  15. Stephen Levi

Stephen Levi New Member

Do you know what a contradiction is?

16. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

Your position is a contradiction as it opposes itself. Your arguments are contradictions to God's Word. You can't respond to my former post and the questions and so you do the cult thing, jump, hop and skip routine.

17. Stephen Levi

Stephen Levi New Member

Are you able to prove this you have said to me about me, to the Lord?
    yes or no?

18. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

Just did! I exposed your contradition in the post you have not yet been able to respond to! Do you obey the command of Christ in Luke 7:29-30 which he says to reject the baptism of John is to reject the "counsel of God against" yourself? Here is a commandment of Christ? It was the only possible baptism existent which could be commissioned in Matthew 28:19 as no other baptism existed and so none other could be "whatsoever I HAVE COMMANDED you."

Just did! By pointing out that Jesus is the "I AM" the Jehovah Saviour that gave all the commandments in the Old Testament as in every single case where God revealed Himself to man it was in the Second Person of the Godhead - Jesus Christ (Jehovah Savior, Messiah). David calls him his "Lord" in Psa. 110:1 in contradistinction to God the Father. He addressed Moses as "I AM" in Exodus 3:14 as explcitly claimed by Jesus in John 8:57-58 who gave all the commandments under the Old Covenant. So you do not obey all of commandments of Jehovah our Savior do you?

#38 The Biblicist, May 25, 2014
  19. Stephen Levi

Stephen Levi New Member

The we shall see what God has to say about it now won't we?

20. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

No, He has already spoken! All I did was refer to HIS WORD! Luke 7:29-30; Mt. 28:19 is HIS WORD - HIS COMMAND. I placed in front of you HIS WORD and you simply don't like it but CAN'T RESPOND TO HIS WORD!

#40 The Biblicist, May 25, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.