1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured The Commandments of Jesus Christ

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Stephen Levi, May 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stephen Levi

Stephen Levi New Member

This you said here is not true.

2. Winman

Winman Active Member

Why don't you simply say what you believe the commandments of Jesus are, and show the scripture that supports your view?

Whenever someone comes on and plays games like this, my impression is that we are dealing with a nut case who thinks he is some kind of prophet. He acts all mystical and tries to speak in parables, etc...

Being a real Christian is simply believing on Jesus and doing your best to obey God from the scriptures. It is not acting like a "holy man".

In the 60s and 70s guys like you were a dime a dozen.

[​IMG]

3. Stephen Levi

Stephen Levi New Member

I have already started doing this.
    You can find 3 commandments in
    the very first post and the scriptures.

4. The Biblicist

The Biblicist Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

It certainly is true! Luke 7:29-30; Psalm 110:1; Ex. 3:14; Jn. 8:57-58; Mt. 1:20-23; Mt. 28:19 are HIS WORD on the very subjects you dispute. Luke 7:29-30 is God's Counsel, thus command which Jesus affirmed. Jesus is Jehovah our Saviour or the Great "I AM' in Exodus 3:14 just as John 8:57-58 declares. That is HIS WORD.

You simply do not like HIS WORD on these matters and can't respond to it. Thus you have only YOUR WORD against HIS WORD. I will take HIS WORD

"To the law and to the testimony if they speak not according to THIS WORD, it is because there is no light in them" - Isa. 8:20

5. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Read carefully my quote from what you said. Then go back and read the full statement of what you actually said.
    The Bible says: "By thy words thou shalt be justified and by thy words thou shalt be condemned."

Again here is what I said:
    You said that you go to Baptist churches, as you come here, preaching your doctrine.
    "Your doctrine" is not Baptistic in nature. Ask other Baptists. Ask Biblicist if he would assess your doctrine as "Baptist." If it is not Baptist, then what is it? Just because you write it down on a profile doesn't mean it is. You can write anything you want; that doesn't make you a Baptist.

Jesus said: "You shall know them by their fruit."
    When he said "fruit," he wasn't talking about works, but rather doctrine.
    The context was false teachers. The Bible is our authority. We know a false teacher by the authority of the Bible. I am not saying you are a false teacher, I am giving an example.
    We shall know if your doctrine is Baptist by your posts. I think most people have already made up their mind by now. So if your not a Baptist what are you?
    You bring "your doctrine" to this board and to Baptist churches." Obviously not Baptist doctrine; so what doctrine is it? Enlighten us!

6. Winman

Winman Active Member

But those commandments are vague, they do not tell you specifically what you must do, and what you must not do.

If you are sincere, tells us exactly what we must do, and what we must not do to keep Jesus's commandments.

Prove that you are sincere, and not trying to play "holy man".

7. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

Scriptures are interpreted various ways by various people. Just quoting them does not mean much, if you do not interpret them by their context. It seems you are IMPLYING by merely quoting them that your interpretation of them is that one must keep the commandments of Christ in order to be saved, or stay saved or ultimately enter into heaven. It seems that is your implication! Is it? Enlighten us by how you interpret these verses. You seem to interpret "abideth" as maintaining a spiritual union with Christ and not merely an experietial union, or metaphorical union, or judicial legal union, or symbolic union, etc. Enlighten us in regard to how you understand it. If you are teaching works for salvation, you must know that is not orthodox Baptist doctrine.

#47 The Biblicist, May 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2014
  8. Stephen Levi

Stephen Levi New Member

How come you do not believe me?

9. Stephen Levi

Stephen Levi New Member

This you said here is not true.

10. Stephen Levi

Stephen Levi New Member

If I tell you will you believe me? yes or no?

11. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    [​IMG]

12. Winman

Winman Active Member

It is absolutely true, and you are not fooling anyone by not answering here.

Saying "obey my commandments" does not tell you anything. What commandments are those?

Give me a list of some of the commandments we are supposed to obey.

Thou shalt not chew gum?

Thou shalt not use sunblock?

Thou shalt not put ketchup on mashed potatoes?

What??

13. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

Are you God? Should I just believe anything you say? Does not God's Word COMMAND us "BELIEVE NOT every spirit" but "TRY the spirits"? Does not God tell us that if anyone (that is you) speaks not "according to this word it is because there is no light in them"??? Did not Paul tell the Bereans they were "more noble" than the Thessalonican's because the did not believe Paul but first examined what he said by the Word of God?

These questions you ask demonstrate you have a very shallow understanding of God's Word.

14. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    When are you going to start going through the commandments one-by-one?

So far you haven't kept your word.

Here's a good place to start:

Matthew 19:17 Jesus replied, “‘You shall not murder, you shall not commit adultery, you shall not steal, you shall not give false testimony, 19 honor your father and mother,’ and ‘love your neighbor as yourself.’

15. Winman

Winman Active Member

Yeah, this guy is playing games. Don't expect an answer from him, just more of saying nothing at all.

He's either a troll just jerking folks around, or he thinks he is some kind of mystic. If so, he will never answer anything, they think it is all mystical and spooky to be vague and not actually say anything.

Like I said, back in the 60s and early 70s these mystical holy men were a dime a dozen. They usually all had one thing in common.

[​IMG]

16. Stephen Levi

Stephen Levi New Member

The ONLY way anyone, can abide in the love of Jesus Christ, is to keep
    the Commandments of Jesus Christ, as Jesus Christ kept
    the commandments of God, His Father.

True or false?

The gospel of Jesus Christ is his commandments.

When you repent you are to do what?

OBEY HIS COMMANDMENTS

The Commandments of Jesus Christ

is

the way

the life

the truth.

The commandments of Jesus Christ

is eternal life.

The Salvation of God.

Please explain to me how you can follow Jesus
    and not obey His commandments?

Then please explain to me how you can have faith
    and not obey the Commandments of Jesus Christ?

The works of faith is obedience to
    the Commandments of Jesus Christ.

Which is the new covenant.

True or false?

17. Stephen Levi

Stephen Levi New Member

I have already started. With the 3 in the first post. When I am done talking about them I will post another one.

18. Winman

Winman Active Member

What commandment?

Thou shalt not get a tattoo?

Thou shalt eat fish on Friday?

Thou shalt be a troll on the internet?

What commandments are you talking about?

19. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That's not what I asked at all. I asked you which commandments we are to keep; if you mean all of them, then say "all of them, from Exodus through Leviticus, from Matthew through John; or, from Genesis through Revelation."

Or, if you don't mean the ceremonial laws, say so.

But NOWHERE did I ask which ones I don't have to keep. I asked for you to teach me; and you responded by bearing false witness of me.

So which commandments have YOU not kept?

20. JamesL

JamesL Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm almost flabbergasted. Scarlett O. called out this clown in post #4, and RevMitchell , on page 1, showed how there have been numerous forums spammed by this guy

I don't know why so many keep engaging with him, and why he hasn't been tossed out on his ear.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.