1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Commandments

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Iamodd4God, Aug 23, 2007.

1. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Well if you are keeping Sabbath and attending Sunday church you have the luxury of continuing to stay connected to your Sunday church and you have the opportunity to also find some group that will provide programs/events etc for your Sabbath activities with your family.

2. Joe

Joe New Member

Don't have those luxuries, but I don't really consider them luxuries anyway. We don't plan Sabbath activities per se, I would feel too obligated to do this often in place of relaxing. We might attend a community event, have folks over for lunch, go to someone's house etc...Sometimes we ski part of the day, depends upon the weather. Often we wait for our Adventist friends to get out of services so we can all ride bikes. Often other Adventists here of it and show up to ride too. Nice to enjoy yourself, get exercise, and relax in solitude with God on the trails.

Sometimes we have our own church folks over after service for lunch, or go to a church activity. Sometimes we host a church activity like playing board games when the weather is bad. Or do volunteer work. I don't like to spend my full Sunday's with the church folks because we have laundry, shop, and other household things that need to get done before the beginning of the work week. The other church members do spend alot of the day together, maybe they got things done the day prior.

We wing it usually, try not to plan too much on the day of rest.

Joe

#42 Joe, Aug 26, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 26, 2007
  3. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    In Isaiah 58 Sabbath is the "Holy day of the Lord" a "delight" where we cease from speaking our own word and doing our own pleasure.

In Lev 23 it is a day "of Holy Convocation".

In Is 66 "All mankind comes before Me to Worship from Sabbath to Sabbath".

My argument is not against attending worship services on Sunday. My argument is in favor of "keeping the Sabbath holy".

in Christ,

Bob

4. Joe

Joe New Member

huh? What argument? I stated we keep the Sabbath Day holy. We are outdoorsy people, and connect with God when we spend our time outdoors in his creation. (usually). We are not against activities on the Sabbath, whether planned by us or others sometimes. Too many programed and planned activities on the Sabbath each and every week can become burdensome, and counterproductive. But we aren't too rigid, so you never know.

God Bless

Joe

#44 Joe, Aug 30, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 30, 2007
  5. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Then you too are arguing in favor of keeping the Sabbath Holy.

I am just pointing out some interesting ways that scripture says this is done.