1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

THE COMMON GROUND COFFEE HOUSE #26

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by I Am Blessed 24, Dec 9, 2003.

1. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Boy Howdy to all you LOUD MOUTHS who woke me up early. Snuggled by the pot belly (though I don't call her that when she's awake) and thought about just pulling the covers up.

23F on a way to 35, partly cloudy (mostly high clouds). NO WIND. Which is why it's cold. But we sent our snow to Chicago.

Paul Simon, longtime Senator from the land of Lincoln, was the opposite of my politically, but I always thought he was a dapper dresser! He and Louis Farrakan were my role models.

Dr. Bob [​IMG]

2. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Dr. Bob! If Dr.Mrs.Dr. Bob knew you said that you'd be in big trouble today! LOL

Sue, I did think of the marshmallow snowmen but keep thinking about toothpicks and 3 year olds! We're going to do paperplate angels with glitter... YIKES! Praise God for linoleum!

Dan, Nick cannot lie. Cannot even come close to lying without confessing but has a real interest in the weather. Can you just imagine HIS weather forecast! LOL .... Uh.... I have NO idea what tomorrow is going to be like so I'll just tell you what happened today. LOL

Diane

3. Debby in Philly

Debby in Philly Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hey there, Diane! I have a suggestion for you - glitter glue! Just smear it on and it sparkles. No mess on the floor. Now skin, hair, and clothes are another matter..... :rolleyes:

4. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Thanks Debby! I had forgotten about Glitter Glue! That'll be perfect. I can swing down to the dollar store and pick some right up! I think it comes in lots of colors too.

I've got my snowman made. I made him out of poster board but made green felt leaves with red pompom berries and ribbons with gold bells as an ornament for his top hat. I think I'll tie a little scarf around his neck too. Make him look extra special. His arms... should I use tiny sticks or since it's 3 and 4 year olds... make them out of paper?

We're going to let the children decorate their own cupcakes with sprinkles too. We were expecting to have more weeks to tell the birth of Jesus so I'm going to use one the Christmas week story. That's all set too.

Thanks again for reminding me of glitter glue!

Diane

5. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am out of here for some time (pesky thing called WORK) but will check back to see how much glitter-glue is all over the BB!

We have a new dollar store (popping up all over) and I stopped by. Half of it is Christmas .. and looks like you get what you pay for. But it is cheapo and that's my favorite price.

Anyone heard of Family Store? Think it's NOT one of the everything's-a-buck type, but more of a discount chain. Got one going in just two blocks away.

With that and Big Lots and the new Walgreens (just opened in Casper last month) all within a mile of the house, I am in shopping heaven!

[​IMG]

6. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Me too, Dr. Bob! I don't really care for Family Stores. They tend to have quite a bit of JUNK here. We have Dollar General which is like Family Stores but better quality and then we have Dollar Tree which is a REAL dollar store and Dollar Daze which is owned by a family in our church. They have wonderful bargains! They buy whole stores and then sell items for $1.00 or less.

Here's my snowman for Pin the Nose on the Snowman tonight. I think he turned out quite cute for poster board! The 'mark' on his forehead is green felt ivy leaves with red ribbons and gold bells. Didn't come out very well on Village photos. Of course, I've now dropped my camera 5 times....
    [​IMG]

The kids will have a good time and that's all that matters.

Diane

7. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

Dr.B.; I don't understand that statement! [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Senator Paul Simon

Former GOP Gov. Jim Edgar stated: "He (Paul Simon) wasn't phony when you talked to him. I never heard him say anything bad about anybody, and I never heard anybody say anything bad about him. That's very unusual in this business."

(Oh, that I could have that said about me) :(

8. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

I think Dr. Bob has his threads mixed up. On another thread he said God loved him because he wears bow ties. LOL

Diane

9. mark brandwein

mark brandwein New Member

Hello everybody, its a rainy day here in Florida. High of 70. Its winter here. I hope all of you are having a fantastic day. I will be in and out of the BB for the rest of the day. God Bless. [​IMG]

10. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

A bunch of my church members got together and built a Christmas "Float" and we entered it in two of the local Christmas parades this past Friday---Wesson and Hazlehurst---

26 of our kids rode the float and we passed out over 1000 tracts to the parade attenders--

The float won 1st place in both towns!!!

11. I Am Blessed 24

Congrats blackbird! Did you get a picture???

I am going back to my crocheting. I am anxiously waiting for hubby to get home with new table. Kitchen looks so bare. [​IMG]

I will pop back in later.

[​IMG]
    §ue

12. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

What a lovely night at AWANA club! I only had 9 but we had sleet as Nick and I were leaving for church and I guess a lot of people were afraid to venture out. It stopped very quickly tho. We played pin the nose on the snowman which was a big hit. I was able to save the snowman for Sunday. We're have another extended service this week. S/S will start at 9:00 and church will be from 10:15 until ?? I figure the extended care workers will need all the entertainment they can find! We had cupcakes and a birthday party for Jesus. I read the children 2 books about Jesus' birth and we listened to an audio Bible story of the birth done on a preschoolers level but with scripture. Just an all around lovely night. Many of the parents stayed to visit and share and one little girl from the local Pentacostal church had chosen a Christmas present for me of 4 little stuffed figurines. Her adoptive mom let her choose something she'd love for me to have.... Very sweet.

Hope everyone else had as lovely a night.

Diane

13. computerjunkie

computerjunkie New Member

Gee, Diane...that one little kid didn't ask about Jesus chopping off everybody's heads??? [​IMG]

I'm "straightening up" around here tonight...not "straightening up" ME (although I probably need it), but "straightening up" my apartment. It gets SOOOOOOO cluttered, and it reaches a point where I come in and think, "I can't STAND this anymore." So when it reaches that point, I go through here like a whirlwind and pick up and straighten everything up!! Looks so much nicer!! Wish I wouldn't let it get to that point; however, watching and posting on BB is much more important, and takes up a lot of time!! :D

CJ

14. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Back home from a l-o-n-g eight hours at the clinic. Updated the mailing list. And will print out some labels AFTER I get some supper.

Thankfully put a London Broil in the crock pot this a.m. and it is a tender roast! With some veggies it will suffice.

How is the evening going for all the other of Santa's elves? [​IMG]

15. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

LOL ... C.J. he did mention Goliath and David! LOL. Just not to the extent as before but everytime the audio Bible said The Magi.... He'd scream.... THE BAD GUY!! THE BAD GUY!! I had to show them pictures from one of my books that had wonderful paintings of the Wisemen. I was so happy that the painting had a black, Asian and darker skinned wise men because I have children of all color.

That little Nick sure makes me laugh tho.

Diane

16. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Looks like Sue got too crotchety and forgot to come back and tell us about the table! :rolleyes:

17. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Midnight in Wyoming and just finished by anodyne therapy to help circulation in my legs. Will drift off to bed and allow the EARLY BIRDS to continue their visits in the a.m.

Time to hibernate . . [​IMG]

18. I Am Blessed 24

Good Morning All!

Hubby didn't get home until around 7:00 last night, then we were busy getting the table and chairs in and reassembling the table.

It looks SO nice! The table is a little smaller than I had imagined, but that's all right, I am just thankful to have found a red table! The table is 50 years old and in great shape. The chairs are brand new (retro).

I had put a roast in the crock pot 'cause I new dh would be starving when he got home. We ate supper (on our new table) :D , then retired to the living room. I crocheted and he told me all about the "horrors" of his trip to Chicaaaaaaago. [​IMG]

We were both ready for bed! Sorry I didn't get to pop back in to say 'good night'. I trust you all slept well without my input. [​IMG]

19. following-Him

following-Him Active Member

Hello everyone, I'm back.

We now have our computer back, but both Rob and I have deadlines to meet so we are going to be busy but I will be looking in and trying to catch up with what you have been up to while I have been computer - less, which it transpires was totally un-necessary :eek: :mad: :rolleyes:

God Bless

Sheila

20. I Am Blessed 24

Sheilaaaaaaaaaa! I am so glad you're back! You have been greatly missed!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    §ue