1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured The condemned already !

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by savedbymercy, Apr 26, 2015.

1. PreachTony

PreachTony Active Member

How could we be reconciled to God while "enemies and unbelievers" if the unbeliever if condemned already? By that logic, no one anywhere can be saved?

2. PreachTony

PreachTony Active Member

We've been around the mountain several times on this one, SBM. You seem to continually ignore the fact that 2 Corinthians 4:3 is a conditional statement. Do you not see the IF in that verse?

Paul is saying that if we, those who are called to preach and testify of the Lord, if we hide our gospel, then we hide it to the detriment of those that are lost. You seem to think that God has hidden the gospel from them, which is not what Paul is saying.

3. Sapper Woody

Sapper Woody Well-Known Member

I played by your rules. You didn't acquiesce to mine.

Let me explain something to you, that you haven't grasped yet. Anytime someone ends a question with "Yes or no?", they are doing one of two things. Either they are trolling, or they are forcing a response. I know for a fact someone has used this example on you before. Have you quit beating your wife? Yes or no?

I would love to continue our battle of wits, but I swore to myself long ago that I wouldn't fight an unarmed man.

4. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Very good.
    Now this is my opposing point. It is called context. You haven't touched it.
    Having conceded you should discuss the opposing point here it is "again."

Joh 3:17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
    --It is odd that you focus on verse 18 but leave out verse 17.
    He didn't come to condemn the world, but rather that the world through him might be saved.
    God's will is that the world might be saved.
    Which world SBM?
    The entire world of all ages?
    The entire world of the first century?
    The elect of the first century?

Which world? How do you know? More importantly, how can you know for sure that you are part and parcel of that world?

5. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

Are you going to rehearse my points from the OP ?

6. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

You were headed in the right direction, now you are being evasive again and starting a rabbit trail from my points! You need to prove them wrong! Now those Christ died for are reconciled to God by His Death while they are enemies and unbelievers Rom 5:10 so explain how they are condemned already while they are enemies and unbelievers!

7. robustheologian

robustheologian Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    :applause:

8. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

Rabbit Trail! Do you understand the Op ? Prove that you do and we debate my points made!

9. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

What kind of world do you live in?
    More precisely, my question to you was: "What 'world' do you live in?"

10. PreachTony

PreachTony Active Member

No, I'm not. I asked you a question. You state that those in unbelief are already condemned, then you turn around and say that we were reconciled to God even when we were in unbelief. So then in our unbelief we were NOT condemned. You can't have it both ways...

Not that I expect you to reply to this. I'll save you the trouble of your next response...

EVASION! RABBIT TRAIL! :smilewinkgrin:

11. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

Rabbit Trail!

12. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

Then you don't want to debate the points I made!

13. PreachTony

PreachTony Active Member

Seriously?!? I asked you a question directly related to the points you made. If you cannot see that, then I really have to start questioning your reading comprehension.

14. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

What did I ask you?

15. PreachTony

PreachTony Active Member

You asked me if I wanted to debate or discuss any of your points. I had asked you a question that was directly related to your points. You said that those in unbelief were condemned already, then you turned around and said we were reconciled to God while in our unbelief. Those two sentences are mutually exclusive. If we are condemned in unbelief, then how are we reconciled in unbelief? Especially if we are condemned already?

16. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

Rehearse all the points I made in the OP back to me to see if you understand them! Then we can discuss them!

17. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Just answer the question instead of taking an evasive rabbit trail.

18. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

Just pat him on the back and say 'I agree'....that's the only thing that'll shut him up....

19. PreachTony

PreachTony Active Member

Why do I have to go back to the OP when my question is based on something you said far more recently? Also, who judges whether another person understands your points? You? If that's the case, then you get to say no one understands you, therefore you don't have to discuss with anyone. You really should have a blog instead of taking up space on the BB.

I have asked you now on three separate occassions...how can we be reconciled to God in our unbelief if we are condemned already in our unbelief? The fact that you have thrice ignored (dare I say: EVADED) my question tells me you have absolutely no desire to discuss this topic. You obviously believe only you hold the Biblical truth on this matter, therefore we should all bow and scrape to you and hope and pray that someday the Lord grants us the same amount of knowledge he's already blessed you with to understand things at such a high level that we never have to explain them except to people who already understand them.

:BangHead:

I almost feel like I'm in the Wizard of Oz with this guy. "Oh great and powerful SBM...keeper of all knowledge of scripture...teach us thy ways, that we may be condescending to others, as thou art."

20. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

pt

I already told you why !