1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured The condemned already !

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by savedbymercy, Apr 26, 2015.

1. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

This from a person who denys the saving death of Christ, and the witness of the Resurrection , which witnesses that those Christ died for are Justified from their sins !

2. PreachTony

PreachTony Active Member

Why won't you just be honest and admit that you don't want to answer questions?

You just want to throw your chosen theology at people and you want them to blindly accept your word as gospel. If you really wanted to teach people about your theology, then you would answer questions posed to you. Forcing people to prove they understood you before you'll answer them is a cheap out. If they already understand you, then they wouldn't have any questions for you, would they?

3. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Questioning a doctrine or POV is how the doctrine is tested. All questions can be answered. The answer will reveal the degree to which the POV has merit.

In my Living Water thread the question is asked and still standing unanswered as to how one is made thirsty by receiving first the living water which Jesus said would cause them to never thirst again. This common sense question should cause the doctrine of regeneration before calling upon Jesus for living water to be abandoned. However, indoctrination of isms of any kind are very tough for those captured by them to overcome. Even prayer and common sense persuasion cannot save most out of these misguided beliefs. But in the end, Jesus will wipe out all of these isms and there will be no such things in the kingdom of God. Praise :jesus:

4. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

Why dont you admit that you are not here to debate the points I made since you evade them !

5. PreachTony

PreachTony Active Member

I am debating a point you made! :BangHead: You're apparently the only one here that doesn't see that. Just because it's about something you said yesterday and not something you said in a 3-day old OP doesn't make it any less valid.

So, one last time: (if you refuse to answer here then it will prove to me you have no intention of debating or discussing this issue...I don't know if you're afraid to discuss it, or if you're lazy and don't want to research an answer, or if you're really so arrogant as to think you can only discuss/debate with people who prove to be, in your sole estimation, your intellectual equals...)

You said that those in unbelief were condemned already, then you turned around and said we were reconciled to God while in our unbelief. If we are condemned already in unbelief (per the scripture you quoted), then how are we reconciled in unbelief?

6. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

pt

Ok show it to me ?

7. PreachTony

PreachTony Active Member

Here you go, using quotes from our posts...

8. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

You said you are debating the points I made. Show me how I made my points in how I used the scripture to make them. You have not done that !

Just quoting my points isnt doing that !

9. PreachTony

PreachTony Active Member

You actually think a debate involves me showing you how you made your points? You know how you came to your conclusions. I don't. I don't know what's happening in your head. I can only go off what you write, which means the best I can do is quote you. If you don't accept quotes then you might as well put a caveat at the beginning of each of your threads saying you do not want anyone questioning your premises.

10. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Exactly! He believes WE should explain his points. We are not in his head, HE must elaborate and explain himself.

11. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

pt

Of course ! How else can you debate them if you dont understand them ! You have to show me you understand them, and the reasoning I used in making them, to debunk them ! When I make a Point, I give the reason for it !

12. PreachTony

PreachTony Active Member

Yet you seem to think if people understood you they wouldn't debate you, which is yet more circular reasoning:

If you want to debate, prove you understand my points.
    If you understand my points, you'll see there is no reason to debate.
    If you don't understand my points, then you're not intellectually on my level, so I shouldn't have to stoop to debate you.
    You know what, forget it. You've proven that you only want congratulations and the adoration of those of us standing in awe of your brillians.

So here you go...

Here's a round of applause:
    [​IMG]

And a pat on the back:
    [​IMG]

13. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

You are pretending to debate my points!

14. PreachTony

PreachTony Active Member

I'm going to step in one last time, just to make a statement:

You made a stated point: "he that believeth not is condemned already"

You then made a follow-up point: "Also, those Christ died for are reconciled to God while they are yet being enemies and unbelievers , they are reconciled to God by Christ's Death !"

I asked a question about your stated points: "How could we be reconciled to God while "enemies and unbelievers" if the unbeliever if condemned already?"

If that isn't debating your points, then I don't know what definition of the word "debate" you are using. You accuse me of evasion and obfuscation, yet I've asked you the same question at least five times now and you have yet to answer.

But, I already know what your response is going to be, so let me save you some time:
    No, I will not rehearse your OP back to you. That proves nothing other than the fact that I could copy and paste your OP.
    This is not a rabbit trail. It's an honest question that you seem unwilling to answer.
    This is not evasion. It is direct discussion about your previously stated points. How can I evade your point if I'm directly quoting and questioning your point?

15. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

One last time for you, explain the points I made in the OP, how did I make them, what scriptures did I use and why !

16. PreachTony

PreachTony Active Member

Do you think I can read your thoughts? I don't know why you chose the scriptures you chose? If you think a debate requires your opponent to be able to read your mind and determine your thought process then you have sorely missed the mark on what debate is...

17. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

What you mean, I posted my thoughts! Have you read the post?

18. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    He's just trolling you brother. Get off the hook. He knows exactly what you are saying and knows you are absolutely correct. He's playing.