1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Confession Backfired

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by poncho, Mar 18, 2007.

1. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

http://www.lewrockwell.com/roberts/roberts201.html
    [FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif][FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]
    by Paul Craig Roberts

[/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Bush and Cheney must be getting really desperate these days after so many of their boneheaded ploys and PR stunts have flopped so badly. Turns out people aren't as stupid as their administration believes. Even the die hard Bush 30 percenters seem to be haveing a tough time with this one. :laugh:[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]
    [/FONT]
    [/FONT]

#1 poncho, Mar 18, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 18, 2007
  2. Petra-O IX

Petra-O IX Active Member

Carefull there Poncho, You are talking of the 30 percenters who all happened to registered on the Baptist Board and they don't want to hear this.
    Good Post, Poncho:thumbs:

3. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I fail to see how his "confession" has "backfired".:confused:

4. Petra-O IX

Petra-O IX Active Member

Quotes from the article say it all:
    The torture techniques that were used sure got a confession but not a very reliable one. I don't see how we benifited from a forced confession.

5. Rufus_1611

Rufus_1611 New Member

Do you believe his confession?

6. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I wouldn't believe a "confession " of his without other corroboration regardless of how his "confession" was obtained.

There is no doubt that his interrogators, no matter who they are, feel exactly the same.

This is an attempt to make something out of absolutely nothing.:laugh: More grasping at straws.

7. Petra-O IX

Petra-O IX Active Member

Alrighty then, It looks like we are all on the same page on this one , well kinda sorta or maybe just a little.
    Ohh I warned Poncho about those 30 Percenters.
    Hey Carpro, are you a 30 Percenter?
    [

8. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Them thar 30 percenters are quickly becoming the 20 something percenters. :laugh:

9. StefanM

StefanM Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I wonder if he also claimed to be Anna Nicole Smith's baby's father!

10. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

I wonder if he really exists.

11. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You didn't answer the question.

Exactly how did the "confession" "backfire"?

12. Petra-O IX

Petra-O IX Active Member

The confession backfired because the conffesion didn't work and didn't get the desired result that anyone was seeking.
    Now answer my question, are you a 30 percenter?If so I can understand why you would disclaim any relevency of the article that was posted.

13. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What was the desired result?

14. DQuixote

DQuixote New Member

Ya can't win for loosin'. If he had not confessed, or had confessed to only a few things here and there, the "backfired" crowd would be in here crying "Yeah, right ... he's lying and getting away with it because we're too dumb to ask the right questions."

It's sort of like the debates here ..... positions change based upon what in one's own wisdom one wants to emphasize, nevermind what "The Good Book" says.

15. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

It's interesting that detractors - which must be at least 5% of the 70% other than the "30 percenters" like me - are so quick to believe the confessions were extracted by torture! There's no evidence at all to support that yet that's what the article on Lew Rockwell's site claims. Is the confession accurate? I don't know but I wouldn't buy it without other evidence that supports it. Our people know that. Our news media just wants a story and whichever one plays the best is the one they'll publish. People like this terrorist - and many criminals as well - enjoy all sorts of games such as playing the system, exaggerating their own importance in hopes of increasing their fame, lying about everything to cover the real lies, or maybe just plain stupidity. God knows for certain and our job is to keep seeking the truth. The faults of the terrorists don't make the investigators and interrogators wrong. It just confirms the terrorists to be the kind of deceitful enemy at hand we know them to be. The goal of the detractors is to discredit our side at any cost and our enemies just love them for that.

#15 Dragoon68, Mar 19, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2007
  16. Petra-O IX

Petra-O IX Active Member

You don't really have anything to say do ya.
    I think the new desired result was to get you to ask inane questions.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

17. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

The old "dissenters are terrorists" ploy again eh? C'mon Dragoon even you know better than that. Besides the old cliches are worn out and aren't working anymore because people are begining to see them for the weak attempts at coercion that they are. This isn't the 60's anymore.

Who exactly is our side anyway?

If you really believed that you wouldn't keep trying to throw up roadblocks everytime we start getting close to the truth.

This approach isn't working anymore either. We know how this game works now too. You have to keep trying to paint "detractors" as you call us as being low in numbers and powerless to effect change to the status quo. That just isn't the case. The detractors spoke at the ballot box and you 30 percenters lost, get over it. (sorry, I just had to use that old worn out republicrat jingoism, yeah we caught on to that too. Rather early on in the game I must say.) :laugh:

That's right they redacted that part so I guess there isn't any evidence of torture after all. Actually unless a person reads the newspapers, watches tv or uses the internet the evidence of the wide spread use of torture is hard to find, I'll grant you that. :smilewinkgrin:

#17 poncho, Mar 19, 2007
  18. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

Exactly! We don't all believe everything published especially when considering teh agenda of the sources.

19. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Cool! Good work! It only took about four minutes for you to revert to the default fallback position.

Yeah buddy! We're on to that one too and it's no longer working either. ;)

#19 poncho, Mar 19, 2007
  20. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

It's thrilling to make your evening, Poncho, but facts are facts and news stories are news stories whether it's an old line or a new one!