1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Confession Backfired

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by poncho, Mar 18, 2007.

1. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

So which is it, facts are facts or the media just wants a story they can publish?

Hint, the mass media for the most part only prints what the 'authorities' tell them or give them. They no longer seek the truth by getting their hands dirty digging for the facts or investigating like in the 'old days'. That's been left up to others. Best way to tell who's closest to the truth these days is to watch for the journalists and sources that get the most ridicule from the mainstream press and the 20 something percenters. The ones that get blasted the hardest and longest are the ones probably closest to getting at the truth.

#21 poncho, Mar 19, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2007
  2. Petra-O IX

Petra-O IX Active Member

Dragoon, I must congratulate you. You are not ashamed to be part of the 30 percenter crowd. Now if we could only persuade Carpro to come out of the closet . C'mon Carpro there is no shame in being a 30 Percenter.

3. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

I don't think either one of us - Carpro or I - have been hiding anywhere lately!

4. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

Facts are facts and news stories are news stories sometimes factual but more often incomplete and inaccurate at best.

How do I know this? I know it by extrapolation regarding most any news story about which I have personal knowledge of the subject matter. They're shallow stories at best and usually have some axe to grind. It's mostly gossip! That's what the public swallows up every single day.

Now, Poncho, I must say that's also a bit of a worn out line on your part.

Regardless, I can agree that they "no longer seek the truth" and do get "ridicule from the mainstream press". I don't agree the "authorties" tell the mass media what to print.

So now we have the "20 something percenters" to wonder about - not just the "30 percenters"?

5. Petra-O IX

Petra-O IX Active Member

Are you sure Dragoon? I haven't heard from Carpro in at least 3&1/2 hours. Any ways I was just kidding about that.
    what I was curious about was the statement you made:
    Now are you just referring to the subject matter or is it because you have experienced this first hand.

6. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

When we even get stories on important issues from the MSM. I look at most of what we get as 'info-tainment' not news. But yeah there are alot of inaccuracies passed off as facts. I might even agree that there are more liberal journalists that pass them of as facts but only because there seems to be more liberal journalists. But, if we include the right wing think tanks as news sources then from what I see they would win hands down in an inaccuracies flinging contest.

While we're on the subject of facts and inaccuracies, I have to wonder how factual the popular "anti war/detractors embolden our enemies" statement actually is. So, I'm starting a thread on it. Hope you'll join in as I'm having trouble finding facts either way.

Can't argue with that. I agree!

True, but on the other hand like our president says..."you got to keep repeating things over and over and over again for the truth to sink in, to kind of catapult the propaganda".

Then we are in agreement. The authorities don't tell them what to print. The authorities just make statements and the media prints it as fact without fact checking.

No, the 20 something percenters are the 30 percenters but their numbers keep slipping as more facts are revealed about this administration and all their factual inaccuracies or Foxed facts come out.

#26 poncho, Mar 19, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2007
  7. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If that is true, it's largely the result of an inane thread title and topic.

This is a concocted, and in my view, cockeyed way to look at the natural result of any "confession". Ask any cop how they treat any confession.

8. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

There is a lot of skepticism about the truthfullness of confessions obtained through "enhanced interrogation techniques". Khalid's degree of guilt will always be under a cloud of uncertainty because of these tactics of the Bush administration. Reasonable people can explore and discuss the pros and cons of the issue, while apologists and neocons will never allow any doubt about their leader to pollute their devotion. SOURCE

9. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Strange, isn't it that there is also a lot of skepticism about volunteer or unsolicited confessions?;)

10. James_Newman

James_Newman New Member

We only torture people that we know are guilty, therefore there is no reason to not believe them when they finally confess to what we already know they did. Right?

11. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

They're all guilty, they were arrested and shiped off Gitmo and other CIA prisons throughout the world weren't they? That proves their guilt right there!

12. Terry_Herrington

Terry_Herrington New Member

You must have been reading Bush's mind!

13. Petra-O IX

Petra-O IX Active Member

QUOTE=Terry_Herrington]You must have been reading Bush's mind![/QUOTE]
    [​IMG]Is that even possible and what's it like to see inside Bush's head?

14. Terry_Herrington

Terry_Herrington New Member

[​IMG]Is that even possible and what's it like to see inside Bush's head?[/quote]

I would imagine that if it were possible, it would be a short read! All you would probably find is a link to Rove's brain. :laugh:

15. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    :laugh:

Of course. And the only people that confess are innocent.:rolleyes:

16. James_Newman

James_Newman New Member

That wouldn't make sense, brother, because we don't torture innocent people.

17. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

[​IMG] “Americans don't mind torture, they really don’t.”

CIA Torture and Khalid Sheik Mohammed

Torture gets results, and results look good in press releases!

#37 poncho, Mar 24, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2007