1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured The connection between: Loving Jesus—Obedience—Eternal Life

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by Samuels, Dec 16, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Unfortunately, you seem to be blinded to the truth of Scripture. You take the stance that you earn your salvation - it is not of grace. It is not God's doing but yours. The Scriptures are very clear but you need to read them without you false beliefs and preconceived pride. All of this is God's work - NOT ours.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We have been saved by Grace alone, tru faith alone, and once that happens, now we have the means to abide in Jesus and stay infilled by the HS to avoid sinning, but we still sin!

Have you reached a sinless state then?

3. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Think that God sees us in Christ just as He views Jesus, so will te Father cut loose Jesus then?
    We re His body, will Jesus cut off His own hands/feet etc?

• Like Like x 1
  4. utilyan

utilyan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

You never stop sinning till you are perfect. If you TIE your shoe wrong it is a sin.

A SINLESS state is not the reason you are allowed in heaven.

A sinless state is the reason Heaven IS Heaven.

When Jesus Christ says :

48“Therefore you are to be perfect, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

I SAY AMEN!!!! AMEN!!!

Why do you call Jesus a LIAR?

5. utilyan

Site Supporter

Satan is FOR SINNING TOO.

I wish all these people can tell us is there sinning in heaven?

They don't touch that question with 10 ft. pole.

6. JonShaff

JonShaff Fellow Servant
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    "be perfect" indicates a striving towards something, not totally attaining it, but focusing your mind and might towards lining your will with the Father's. But in order to know the Father's Will, you must be born again (Unless you are born again you CANNOT see the Kingdom of God "Thy kingdom come, thy will be done, on earth as it is in Heaven").

Utilyan, you said you are not born again. Then how can you know the Father's Will? And if you don't know the Father's will, how can you do the Father's will?

7. utilyan

Site Supporter

No of us say we earn salvation.

Your argument is like this:

Have you eaten breakfast, lunch or dinner?

If your answer is yes then you deny God is the giver of life.

8. JonShaff

JonShaff Fellow Servant
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    LOL of course there is no sinning in Heaven...When you die your Soul (Which becomes unhindered by the residual effects of the old man by separation from the Body) Goes to heaven to be with God--and it's totally free from sin. Not too mention. Is there temptation in Heaven? How can one Sin without Temptation? James 1

9. utilyan

Site Supporter

WHOA, when have I said I am not born again? You are stating a LIE.

Jesus Christ it LORD! <---I've had folks in here turn blue before they dare state Jesus is Lord.

You must have missed half the prayer.

12‘And forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors.
    13‘And do not lead us into temptation, but deliver us from evil.

29“If your right eye makes you stumble, tear it out and throw it from you; for it is better for you to lose one of the parts of your body, than for your whole body to be thrown into hell. 30“If your right hand makes you stumble, cut it off and throw it from you; for it is better for you to lose one of the parts of your body, than for your whole body to go into hell.

Who is this advice for?

10. utilyan

Site Supporter

Your passing the buck. When you sin its not YOUR FAULT its the "OLD MAN's" fault. Its God's fault you sin because he did not get rid of your sin nature.

"When you die your Soul (Which becomes unhindered by the residual effects of the old man by separation from the Body) Goes to heaven to be with God"

Please give us Bible verses to support your theory of PURGATORY.

Also you can throw free will out the window. YOU have to have free choice to stop sinning else you have no free will. If God forces a sinless state then you have no free will and God is incapable of forgiveness.

11. JonShaff

JonShaff Fellow Servant
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What's your excuse for sinning?

12. utilyan

Site Supporter

None, Jon.

Thank you.

I apologize to God for my wrong doing. I am called to repentance and I do repent.

God provides for every means for me to not sin. You have the right to never sin ever again.

NO EXCUSES. Giving excuses is not repenting. You need to take responsibility for your wrongs and come clean with God.

John 3

20“For everyone who does evil hates the Light, and does not come to the Light for fear that his deeds will be exposed. 21“But he who practices the truth comes to the Light, so that his deeds may be manifested as having been wrought in God.”

Come clean with God, Trust in God. One needs to REPENT and admit the fault lies with them not with some excuse, not some condition, not with God.

You have never apologized to GOD for anything if your pointing at "sin nature" or not being "born again" or not being "regenerated".

We have a father in heaven who loves us, We confide in him, I tell him what is my fault.

13. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Jesus was NOT referring to us being same as God is in perfection , as only God can be that!

14. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Who besides Jesus ever reachd sinless state ? Does God require that to save us?

15. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Who besides Jesus ever did not sin?

16. utilyan

Site Supporter

Jesus is us. If you keep treating Jesus separate from yourself your going to be like a dog chasing its own tail.

Jesus is the complete standard human being.

2 peter 1

4For by these He has granted to us His precious and magnificent promises, so that by them you may become partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world by lust. 5Now for this very reason also, applying all diligence, in your faith supply moral excellence, and in your moral excellence, knowledge, 6and in your knowledge, self-control, and in your self-control, perseverance, and in your perseverance, godliness, 7and in your godliness, brotherly kindness, and in your brotherly kindness, love. 8For if these qualities are yours and are increasing, they render you neither useless nor unfruitful in the true knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. 9For he who lacks these qualities is blind or short-sighted, having forgotten his purification from his former sins. 10Therefore, brethren, be all the more diligent to make certain about His calling and choosing you; for as long as you practice these things, you will never stumble; 11for in this way the entrance into the eternal kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ will be abundantly supplied to you.

You think if you stop sinning that would be impressive, but its not.

Luke 17

7But which of you, having a servant plowing or feeding cattle, will say unto him by and by, when he is come from the field, Go and sit down to meat? 8And will not rather say unto him, Make ready wherewith I may sup, and gird thyself, and serve me, till I have eaten and drunken; and afterward thou shalt eat and drink? 9Doth he thank that servant because he did the things that were commanded him? I trow not. 10So likewise ye, when ye shall have done all those things which are commanded you, say, We are unprofitable servants: we have done that which was our duty to do.

You don't believe God can do what he wants. That we are better at being dumb then he is at being a teacher.

How many can God teach to be sinless? Your answer is zero, God is too dumb, to horrible of a teacher to teach anyone to be sinless.

Every single person in heaven is sinless, They are sinless before they even step in.

17. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thy are sinless due to te blood of Christ applied to them, NOT due to themselves!
    Jesus is the Unique Son of God, as far beyond any of us as we are above an ant!
    Yet He still loves us, and died for us to get saved, as e cannot do ANYTHING to save ourselves, must trust in Hm for that!
    IF God demanded us to stop sinning before salvation, Heaven would have no humans there!

#157 Yeshua1, Jan 5, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2017
  18. utilyan

Site Supporter

You don't trust in him, you don't believe in him, You do not even know him, UNLESS you keep his commandments.

1 john 2

3And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments. 4He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

Sorry your license to sin has been revoked.

Is the truth in you or not?

19. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

20. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    IF my salvation isbased how well I can keep the Law, I am lost!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.