1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Cost of Discipleship

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by OldRegular, Aug 20, 2009.

1. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

A 17-year-old girl who fled to Florida after converting from Islam to Christianity will almost certainly be forced to return home to Ohio, experts say -- despite her fears that she will become the victim of an honor killing for abandoning her parents' faith.

Rifqa Bary, who hitchhiked to an Ohio bus station earlier this month and took a charter bus to Orlando, remains in protective custody with Florida's Department of Children and Families. A judge is expected to rule Friday on the jurisdiction of the case, but several legal experts contacted by FOXNews.com say the girl is bound to be sent back to Ohio.

"She'll be returned to the original jurisdiction," said Katherine Hunt Federle, professor of law and director of the Justice for Children Project at Ohio State University's Moritz College of Law.

"She probably doesn't have a lot of options other than to return home."

<snip>

In an emotional six-minute interview with WFTV in Florida, Rifqa, who met Lorenz through an online Facebook group, said she expects to be killed if she is forced to return to Ohio.

"If I had stayed in Ohio, I wouldn't be alive," she said. "In 150 generations in family, no one has known Jesus. I am the first — imagine the honor in killing me.

"There is great honor in that, because if they love Allah more than me, they have to do it. It's in the Koran,"
    said in the interview, which has been posted on YouTube

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,541205,00.html.

#1 OldRegular, Aug 20, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2009
  2. OldRegular

The title should have been: The Cost of Discipleship vs the peaceful religion of Islam. But I could not change it!

3. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Somewhere in his writings, and I believe it was in his book, The Cost of Discipleship D. Bonhoeffer said something close to the following:

"The cost of discipleship may cost you your life."

Let us hope and pray this young woman does not have to pay with her life for making a decision for Christ.

4. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Wow, count your blessings that we live in a 'Christian' nation. Probably we Americans don't fully appreciate the danger she's really in. I pray that she's able to make it to 18 so that maybe she can be emancipated.

150 generations = 6000 years ?

5. OldRegular

Those who harbor any misunderstanding about the inbred hatred of Islam for any other faith should note the hero's welcome given the Lockerbie bomber in Libya today.

6. donnA

donnA Active Member

did her father already say he didn't want her back? I seem to remember that, but maybe not.
    muslims kill those who convert to christianity, and we have christians defending them calling them peaceful, and I'm sure we'll see a few of thos eon this thread too.
    and lets not forget our president has declared us to be a muslim nation.