1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Cowboys

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by bobbyd, Nov 2, 2008.

1. bobbyd

bobbyd New Member

I have to admit, i'm working hard not to laugh outloud as i watch the Cowboys get their tails handed to them by the Giants.
    Anyone care to join in on some Boy's Bashing? :laugh:

2. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Cowboys have way too many injuries to be competitive with the Giants, especially since the Giants are currently the best team in the NFC and have a very good chance to repeat as NFL champions.

Which NFL team do you root for, Bobby? The Saints? I have gotten to where I like them a little bit myself, especially when they had a really good season two seasons ago. Since my cable TV is mainly in the Monroe area broadcast wise I am in the Saints' broadcast area and all of their games are on my cable.

#2 KenH, Nov 2, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2008
  3. chuck2336

chuck2336 Member

As one and maybe only Giants fan in Texas I enjoyed the game! I will have a lot of fun at work on monday. It ALMOST takes away the pain of my Longhorns loss yesterday.

Do you know what you call a cowboys huddle........\

Drug ring!!!:laugh: :laugh: :applause: :applause:

4. Palatka51

Palatka51 New Member

Until the Dolphins went undefeated in '72 I was a Cowboy fan. Then when they were the team of the 90's I loved to hate them. The Giants coach Tom Coughlin was the Jaguars head coach when the Jags were formed in Jacksonville. I got a chance to meet him. As such, it is great to see him be successful.

Go Giants!:thumbs:

5. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Unfortunately, that can probably be said about all of the pro teams in all four of the major sports. :tear:

6. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

Cowboys lose again. Good times. :thumbs:

7. AF Guy N Paradise

AF Guy N Paradise Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am a Broncos fan so I really have no room to talk.

However, I love seeing the Cowboys struggle.

8. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not exactly something new. The Cowboys have been struggling since the last time they won a playoff game - in 1996.

9. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

As a Browns fan...me too.
    Looking forward to the game Thursday night? I think it comes down to which team will embarass themselves the least on national TV :D

10. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

How long before Garrett's the HC? Maybe Jerry Jones will do us a favor and trade for Braylon Edwards. Can't have enough overrated athletic WR's that talk a good game but can't catch the ball :laugh:

11. ShotGunWillie

ShotGunWillie New Member

I am a Bears fan, so, I don't need to tell you people how much tail their kick'n these days, you've seen the highlights, because the games aren't shown nationally.

But, I live in Dallas and I have followed the Cowboys for a long time. They have a great team on paper, just don't have it together just yet. They will be alright.

And as far as wrs go, they have one that has caught more balls for touchdowns than any Brown has ever had as career reception totals.

Roy Williams is pretty much gold, he came from Texas, Texas produces gold and the occasional pot smoking running back.

12. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

I'm hearing people talk about how bad their OLine play has been. If so, the Cowboys aren't going to be alright until that gets fixed, one way or the other.

That's a very good question, but some of this has to fall on the GM for not having a decent backup QB on the roster. A quality QB wouldn't fix their problems, but a below average QB has turned what are probably little problems into big problems.

Thought it was a bit more than occasional, and the pot smoking isn't limited to just running backs down there in Texas.

13. AF Guy N Paradise

AF Guy N Paradise Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Our defense is the worst ever! However, most of our starters are hurt and many are on IR.

But, our offense and Cutler have looked pretty pathetic as well lately. They better rebound in a big way if they want to make the playoffs.

It is a good thing we are now in the worst division in football. We use to be the toughest years ago when all of our teams were good.

14. Jimmy C

Jimmy C New Member

At this point the goal is to just make the tournament - and it will be a tough one to accomplish with the hole that they have dug.

The past couple of years the boys were able to avoid injuries, and romo's speed and elusiveness have avoided sacks. His injury has exposed the O line for what it is.

IF and it is a big IF - the boys can get some of thier injured players back and playing well, they can get into the tournament and then we will see what happens.

Last year the Giants started slow but had a ton of big mo at tourney time - the boys started fast and faded. My hope is they play well and build that big Mo at the end of the season.

You haters can get back to it now :)

15. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

Thank you, Jimmy, don't mind if I do.

*pouring a tall, cool glass of delicious Haterade*

:thumbs: