1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured The cross. A fashion accessory?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by convicted1, May 3, 2013.

1. Zenas

Zenas Active Member

Not exactly. There are many kinds of crosses. By way of example:

• Celtic cross has a circle in the center.
    • St.Andrew's cross is shaped like an X.
    • Greek cross has the upright and the the cross piece the same length.

The cross most often worn by Catholics isn't a cross at all, but is called a crucifix. The difference is that it contains an image of Jesus hanging on the cross. Catholics do not wear rosary beads as jewelry.

I agree with the proposition of the OP that too little thought is given to the significance of the cross by those who wear them. However, I would rather see it displayed often than not see it displayed at all. It speaks to the fact that we are a Christian culture, albeit rather weakly.

2. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I wear a gold cross ring...with the body of Christ on it. It was a gift from my wife when I was a Catholic. It doesn't come off because its a reminder to me what sacrifice Christ made for me. :jesus:

3. salzer mtn

salzer mtn Well-Known Member

A preacher one time was handing out crosses to put in your pocket so as he said when you put your hand in your pocket for change, when you felt the cross it would remind you to pray. The only time it reminded me to pray was when i could'nt feel any change.