1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Dake Reference Bible and the Trinity

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Ron Arndt, Jan 23, 2006.

1. Ron Arndt

Ron Arndt New Member

It seems to me that Reverend Dake didn't believe in one God as the Christian world does. He states in his writings, that the Father has a body, soul and spirit. The Son has a body,soul and spirit. And the Holy Spirit has a body, soul and spirit. And each are individual seperate beings? If Dake believed each are seperate, individual beings, each having their own body, soul and spirit, how can one not see that Rev Dake believed in THREE Gods and not just one? And isn't this polytheism?

2. mountainrun

mountainrun New Member

I'm not familiar with Dake, but it DOES sound like heresy to me.

MR

3. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

Dake has all kinds of bad stuff in it. It is where a lot of the Word of Faith teachers have drawn their ideas (such as Benny Hinn's "9 Persons in God" based on what is stated in the first post above.

See this article:
    http://sites.onlinemac.com/trwmainst/dake.html

The Dake Bible is also where Kenneth Copeland apparently gets his heretical view of God as having a body. These are Dake's words about God the Father:

4. Ron Arndt

Ron Arndt New Member

Dake really drifted away from Christian teaching altogether in my opinion. If each of the divine persons have their own BODY, soul and spirit, then we have "three Gods" plain and simple. That is NOT the teaching of the trinity.THAT is tritheism or polytheism.

Also Dake doesn't believe the Son of God existed before he was born of Mary either, despite the fact that scripture says God the Father created all things BY HIS SON. Col 1:13-17.Heb 1:2.How could the Son of God
    not existed before Mary, if it was the Son of God who created the universe to begin with?

This is what happens when one guy comes out with his OWN study bible, with no one to correct him on errors or he doesn't submit his work to a committee for review before having it printed.

5. Brother James

Brother James New Member

It's a good idea to stay away from charismatic bologna.

6. IveyLeaguer

IveyLeaguer New Member

I once met Finis Dake, who died in 1987 at age 85, and his wife at their home in Georgia. He was saved in the great pentecostal movement about the time of World War I.

There is no arguing against the doctrinal errors pointed out above (and I would point them out if no one else did). Yet I believe, and certainly hope, that when we get to heaven we will see him there. He was a kind, humble, simple man who loved God, IMO. And I don't think he would have anything to do with those who, today, are using his work, however flawed, to fleece the flock.

7. atestring

atestring New Member

</font>[/QUOTE]This website listed is by Joseph Chambers.

I wish he would speak about Jesus instead of always criticizing others.

Books and tapes that try to disdain others are money makers.

8. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

Facts are facts, atestring. It's important to point teachings that go against the bible. In fact, we are supposed to do that.

9. atestring

atestring New Member

Marcia
    I prefer Bibles that do not take the opinion f one person wheither it is Dake or Scofield or John Macarthur.
    I make exceptions to bibles that have notes from several.
    I expect truth to be based upon Bible.
    I have a problem with individuals or groups that are on a witchhunt against everyone and everyone that disagrees wtih them.

When Groups go around calling most people a cult or a heretic it is like crying wolf and the real cults go on teaching and nobody pays attention to the real cults.

Marcia if you and the groups you are apart of continue to be on a witchhunts you had better make sure that you do not even inadvertantly forget to cross a "t" or dot a "i".
    By the same measure that you judge you will also be judged.

My prediction is that when groups that you are apart of run out of people to "body slam" yall will start bodyslamming each other.

10. atestring

atestring New Member

If ask i would callmyself a Trinitarian but i have to agree with Finis Dake when he said :
    "The trinity is beyond human comprehension and bewilders the most learned."
    How many times have i heard arguments by trinitarians and non trinitarians and found that they were arguing the same points.
    BTW the arguments are not usually Biblically based. I hear about the 3 parts of water and the three parts of 'eggs but no scripture in these arguments.
    A trinitarian cannot prove the trinity and non trinitarians cannot prove that there is not a trinity.
    God is who he is and we should just worship Him and serve Him and Enjoy Him and not worry about these things.
    I am a three part being but my wife just loves me and does not dissect me. Maybe we should give God this kind of consideration.

11. Ron Arndt

Ron Arndt New Member

You all miss the whole point. Dake wrote that each individual that is called "God" in the bible has their own body, soul and spirit. If the Father has his own body, soul and spirit and the Son has his own body, soul, and spirit and the Holy Spirit has his own body, soul and spirit, THEN HOW CAN THERE BE JUST ONE GOD? If each have SEPERATE being and bodies from one another? You have THREE divine beings and not one God.

12. atestring

atestring New Member

Ron The United {Pentecostal Church accuses Trinitarians of believing in Three God's. That is why they do not believe in the Trinity as well as the fact that The word Tritiny is not in the Bible.
    So to contradict Dake would be agreeing with The Oneness Doctrine that some on this board choose to call a cult.

13. Ron Arndt

Ron Arndt New Member

atestring

No, trinitarians believe there is ONE God revealed to us in three personalities. But these three persons do not have separate BODIES as you think. Rather they are all of ONE substance or divine nature.Each divine person of the Godhead is also co-ETERNAL or without beginning.That is the trinity doctrine. I believe the Nicene creed states this more clearly.

Also, most Pentecostal churches do believe in the trinity. I know the Assemblies of God denomination does as well as the Pentecostal church of God. I think you are referring to the United Pentecostal church that denies the trinity. They believe that Jesus Christ is both the Father and the Son of God and that his spirit is the holy spirit.

14. atestring

atestring New Member

Is the Nicene creed inspired of God as is the Bible?

15. Ron Arndt

Ron Arndt New Member

atestring

A Christian cannot divorce oneself from church history and especially early church creeds. Why? Because they speak as a testimony of what the early church during those centuries believed concerning the Christian faith. The Nicene creed is one of those famous and reliable creeds.Remember, there were no printed bibles in those centuries, so Christians memorized creeds such as the Nicene and Apostles creed.

16. Ransom

Ransom Active Member

Is the Nicene creed inspired of God as is the Bible?

The Nicene Creed is an accurate summary of the Bible's teaching.

17. atestring

atestring New Member

So you are saying creeds are as inspired as the Bible itself?

18. atestring

atestring New Member

Is it possible as some Historians suggest that Constantine was appeased by the Nicene Creed and there were politics involved?

19. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

Dake's doctrine of God is heretical. By the way, isn't Dake a dispensationalist?

20. Ransom

Ransom Active Member

atestring said:

So you are saying creeds are as inspired as the Bible itself?

No, I am saying that the historic creeds are accurate restatements of Bible doctrine.

If I were to say that "God is one being in three persons," or "Jesus Christ is fully God and fully man," or "when God justifies a sinner, the perfect righteousness of Christ is imputed to him," those are accurate restatements of Bible doctrine. That doesn't make my summaries "inspired," does it?