1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Day You Were Saved

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by donnA, Feb 18, 2005.

1. donnA

donnA Active Member

Do you remember the day you were saved? How long has that been?
    What would you thik if someone had been saved for 3 years sadi they didn't remmeber the day, they don't think it was one day, but gradual over time they were saved. They can't pin point any single day (even if you don't remember the date you at least rememebr the day it happened). I've known people who were saved 30 years or more, saved as a child, say 10 or 12 years old and still remember that day, usually no the date though.

2. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

I remember it very well. It was April 12th, 1981. I was 12. My wife got saved when she was 3, and she remembers it very well.

If somebody says they don't remember the day, I would probably question whether they were saved, but I could never really know if they are or not. A few years ago, one of my pastor's daughters, who was 17 or 18 at the time, was baptized on a Sunday night. He said that he knew she had been saved when she was 4 because he was with her when it happened, but she needed to do what she had to do so that she could be assured that she was saved. She had to do it in a way that she remembered.

Romans 8:16
    The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God.

If Satan had his way, he would convince everyone of us that we aren't really saved. Part of the work of The Holy Spirit is the continual reminder that we are saved. I believe that this is why we remember the day of our salvation so well.

I could never say for sure that anybody is or isn't saved, but I would question somebody who doesn't know the day they were saved.

Chris

3. Gib

Gib Active Member

I remember the day. The message was on the blood of Jesus. The Invitation was There is Power in the Blood. My mom went with me to the front as I talked to the pastor and prayed to ask Jesus in my heart. We went to a friends church to be baptized, for our church did not have the means to do so. I was 9 years old. We lived outside Orlando, FL. I remember the day, but not the date. I don't remember what I had for supper 2 weeks ago. Does anyone want to question my salvation?

4. menageriekeeper

menageriekeeper Active Member

Well I don't remember the DATE, but I remember the DAY. Evening really since it was already dark. My dad led me to the Lord in the front seat of the car sitting outside a store where we were supposed to be running errands. I don't remember the car and am not sure of the name of the store, but I remember the experience and the surity and peace that came with it.

That was 33 years ago and I was 7.

I suppose it is possible for there to be a gradual time period experience between head knowledge and heart knowledge. What is important is that they are sure of their salvation not that they can remember the exact day. We all come to God individually.

5. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

the 12th of February 1974 in a basement classroom of the Widener College library.

6. Artimaeus

Artimaeus Active Member

Friday, November 26, 1971, 11:30pm (approximately)

7. TaterTot

TaterTot Guest

I remember it was the first day of 7th grade for me - I had FINALLY gotten to shave my legs that day and wear lip gloss. I believe it was Sept 5th, its written in my old Bible. But I remember realizing my need for a Savior at a hotdog supper before a revival service. I had not grown up in church, and I cried throughout the whole church service. I sat on the front row b/c I knew I had to talk to that fella about what was going on. He even mentioned during the sermon he was trying to hurry so he could get to the invitation, for my sake. [​IMG] Never have been same since!

Whe folks dont remember a time when they decided they needed to let the Lord be in control, I take that to mean that it hasnt happened yet.

8. donnA

donnA Active Member

Thanks all, thats what I suspected when he first told us this a couple of years agao. They soon afterward moved back to Tx, then divorced. He is a crazed man, needs a lot of help. I suspect also he needs to be saved.

9. donnA

donnA Active Member

oh, yah,
    March 31, 1991, Easter Sunday, on the back row at church.

10. delly

delly New Member

July 9th. 1982, 11:30 a.m., two years to the date after my father passed away. I actually didn't think about the date until later.
    Brother John Richard Montgomery was the pastor.
    I had gone to the alter when I was 9 in 1955; followed my little sister and best friend. I was always a follower. Twenty seven years later (in the middle of a terrible marriage) I realized that I was not saved. I cried through the whole service until I got to the alter and Bro. John. After he prayed with me, I stopped crying.

That night another lady in the church came forward and was saved. She said she had realized in the morning service that she had never been saved and because I was brave enough to go forward that morning, it gave her the courage that night to walk down the isle.

11. av1611jim

av1611jim New Member

I went "forward" in a Revival when I was nine.
    I went "forward" again in another revival when I was about 13 or 14.
    I got SAVED on January 20, 1980, at a little tiny UPC church after the morning service.
    I remeber THAT very well. Everything changed on that day.
    I suddenly LOVED God's words. I couldn't get enough. Consequently, I soon left the UPC.
    It was Spring of 1991 when I repented and returned to the "fold" of God. I had backslid so badly I was in prison at the time.
    I have NEVER looked back since putting my "hand to the plow" that day in 1991.

I don't think it is necessary for one to remember an event. What is necessary is for one to believe now.

Do you? Then you ARE saved.

In HIS service;
    Jim

12. Bro. James Reed

Bro. James Reed New Member

I was saved in the foreknowledge and predestination of God before the world began.

I was saved in the blood of Jesus Christ when he shed his blood for me on the cross at Golgotha.

I don't recall a specific time when I didn't love God, but I was temporally saved, or answered my conscience, if you will, when I asked for a home in the church on October 12, 1991 and was baptized the following weekend on October 19th.

13. Pete Richert

Pete Richert New Member

I'm sorry . . .but this is the biggest piece of nonsesense I have heard all week. Who cares if they remember. Your are saved by trusting in Christ for salvation RIGHT now. If you want to know if someone is saved, ask them if today they trust in Christ, not if they can remember a time when they started. There are way to many people who think they are Christians because they made some decision in the past and somehow people accept this though it leaves out the obvious that they don't even trust Christ now. Among them, Bill Clinton, who claims he was saved because he went forward at a Billy Grahmn Crusade.

I would almost take it to opposite of what you said. If I ask someone if they are a believer and they answer about the day (30 years ago) I would question their salvation. Why didn't they just tell me they believe in Christ right this second!

14. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

Can anyone point to one time when Jesus asked anyone if they were saved. What He did was to tell them to come follow Him. A true follower of Christ is saved, period.

15. Plain ol' Ralph

Plain ol' Ralph New Member

And you experienced godly sorrow unto repentence when?

16. Plain ol' Ralph

Plain ol' Ralph New Member

Judas truly followed Christ, is he saved? :eek:

17. LLLeast of these

LLLeast of these New Member

You have nothing to add but sarcasm no matter where you go, Scribe.

Tell us about the day you were saved, Ralph. That is what this page is for.

Personally, I remember May 23, 1996. I fell on my face and cried for mercy for my sin. Even though I was the son of a Baptist Pastor, I reeled against him and God until I was 30 years old. God had planted me in the middle of a God fearing family, and for that I am eternally thankful.

18. Bro. James Reed

Bro. James Reed New Member

And John the Baptist experienced godly sorrow unto repentance when? He was regenerated in his mother's womb. Born again before he was even born. How do you know I wasn't?

I experience godly sorrow and repent every day of my life. It is not a one time thing, Ralph. One who has been truly pricked in the heart and been regenerated by God's saving grace will be sorrowful for their worthless lives constantly.

When did I experience godly sorrow? Yesterday, this morning, at noontime, last week, last month, last year, tomorrow, next week, as long as I'm alive I hope I will always continue to experience godly sorrow in my worthless sins and lowly state here on earth. The day I stop experiencing that is the day I can say that God has let this sheep wander to my own devices, but thankfully the Shepherd never lets His sheep wander too far.

19. Pete Richert

Pete Richert New Member

Ah. Someone with some sense on this board.

20. jim62

jim62 New Member

I was saved from the foundation of the world!!