1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Decrees of God

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by NateT, Apr 2, 2005.

1. NateT

NateT Member

We were discussing in class the other day the decrees of God. The prof. put forward the infra-lap view of Creation Fall Election and the super-lap view of Creation Election Fall in terms of DECREES. He was clear to point out that both view all these decrees as prior to creation.

My question is this, since God is eternal and omniscient, how does he decree the elect? (Regardless of how you view they are elected). I mean, he knows everything, and so He has always known who would be in heaven right? If so, why did He have to decree election?

Hoping yall can shed some light on my feeble mind.

2. av1611jim

av1611jim New Member

Dont' know that I could shed more light on the eternal workings of our Eternal God. But allow me to toss a bit more mud on it. This blows my mind.

According to Scripture, we are ALREADY in the eternal state of things. We just don't know it yet. If time means nothing to God, (and it doesn't) then we are already there!

(I wish we had emoticons for a short circuted brain!) :eek:

In HIS service;
    Jim

3. Craigbythesea

Craigbythesea Active Member

He doesn’t.

No, they are not.

No.

He didn’t have to and He didn’t do it.

[​IMG]