1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

THE DIET THREAD #04

Discussion in 'Women's Fellowship Forum' started by I Am Blessed 24, Jan 19, 2006.

1. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

2. Songbird

Songbird New Member

Hi Sue,

A better website (IMHO) for Weight Watchers is Weightwatchers.com

Just thought I'd share!

Thanks!

Linda

3. I Am Blessed 24

Linda, I used to have the link that you gave, but another lady said her link was better, so I changed it.

I guess it's all in personal taste.

BTW, I've lost 10 pounds... [​IMG]

4. Songbird

Songbird New Member

Sue,

That's awesome!

The site I gave has lots of message boards that are geared toward personal issues. WW has 2 programs now and they are explained somewhat on this site. WW can't give everything away for free so people can find a meeting near them or join online. There are tons of recipes, helpful hints, etc.

I know of which I speak b/c I have been a lifetime member of WW since 1989 when I met my goal weight--haven't always stayed there--but for me this program helped me get back on track.

Thanks for letting me ramble!

Take care and keep up the good work!

Linda

5. TaterTot

TaterTot Guest

I am SO struggling with some king cake in the teacher's lounge today!! plus we have a bake sale today!! And there will pizza (and only pizza) for sale at the basketball game tonight!
    :(

6. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

Hang in there Tater, you can do it.

7. TEXASGRANDMA

TEXASGRANDMA New Member

TaterTot,
    Working can make it hard to lose weight. When I worked in surgery, we often did not get to eat at regular lunch time, so we ended up eating lunch out of the machines and eating high fat popcorn and other goodies for lunch. When we weren't busy we did no better, ususally bringing cakes and candy from home to eat. You think working in the hospital we would have taking better care of ourselves, but then half of the surgery nurses smoked.
    I finally had to start bringing healthy things from home to eat.
    good luck. You got to talk to yourself and encourge yourself to eat healthy and walk at least 3 times a week.
    betty

8. AF Guy N Paradise

AF Guy N Paradise Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am on the fat boy program in the AF because my gut is 1.5 inches too large. You wouldn't think I was fat if you saw me (I hope not anyway).

But, I struggle with food and it probably ranks 2nd in toughest sins I face. I have to start keeping a daily diary of my intake starting next week so this weekend I will have to live it up.

9. TEXASGRANDMA

TEXASGRANDMA New Member

I find it helpful to take one day off a week to eat something high fat. A doctor told me many years ago that if you have a lot to lose that this is a good way to do it. He said if you looked at 6 months of going without your favorite high fat food (mine mexican food), you would never make it. I lost 39 pounds before Christmas by dieting from June to Dec 1. We went out to eat once a week and ate something we loved and I still lost weight.
    You can also eat candy, regularly if you count the calories and some doctos know recommend dark chocolate for the heart.
    good luck,
    betty

10. I Am Blessed 24

Several years back, I lost 35# and I did it the same way you did, Betty.

I stuck to my diet six days a week, but we always went out to eat on Sunday, after church, and I ate what I wanted. It didn't mess me up.

11. TaterTot

TaterTot Guest

I have tried that, and it doesnt work for me. I cant be trusted, lol. If I cheat once in the day, I am a junk eater for the rest of the day. Lots of it, too.

I made it thru the day w/out giving in to the goodies and pizza. I did buy a small bag of popcorn tonight, but after about 5 pieces, I felt guilty and gave it away. [​IMG]

I know this is a lifelong struggle, but when my eating is under control, it seems other things are too.

12. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

Good for you. [​IMG]

13. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

I lost about 45 lbs five years ago just cutting out the junk -- mainly simple starches and sweets. I also began looking at portion sizes and realized that I had been eating portions that would have kept king-kong happy and well fed. For the most part, I stopped after-dinner eating too. It hasn't been easy. A couple of times I've slipped back into eating too many desserts in too short a time and put a few of the lbs back on. BUT I feel so much better without that extra weight, I go ahead and back off and take them off.

One of the things that helps me is in the last year, I've discovered that I've got a wheat allergy which has been one of the major causes of my 3-a-week migraines. When we go out, by the time I figure out what I can eat, the list is kind of small and mainly good choices. :D

14. momgenet

momgenet New Member

Ah, hah!
    So here you all are!
    Found you!
    Well, I have been lurking here and also over at the South Beach message board and have decided to give that a go. Looks pretty reasonable.
    But I have also decided to wait until the brunt of tax season is over to follow it "to the letter". We mostly live on diet coke (one of my vices [​IMG] and vitamens right now.
    Yes, yes, I know, no excuses but . . .
    I need some time to educate myself and I plan to SUCCEED! Also, making shopping list and expierimenting w/ new dishes, etc.
    also dealing w/ medical issues right now. ick.
    But for the first time I feel like I will get "there" yet.
    What do you think? Should I weigh myself regularly or not. Don't usually do this. Guess its been to scary. Usually I just judge by how well my clothes fit (or don't ).

15. TaterTot

TaterTot Guest

Well, I dont think its really wise to weigh every day, but I must admit, I do it [​IMG] We all fluctuate some, but just dont let that discourage you.

16. Songbird

Songbird New Member

I am a daily weigher, too. But for me, it's when I didn't face the scales that I gained--I guess it's denial. I've learned to live w/the fluctuations--especially when I know I've followed the program to a T.

Speaking of fluctuations--does anyone know if antibiotics contribute to water retention? The day after I started them my scales put me up 2 lbs. overnite and they are still there! lol Guess I get my answer Sunday--the day after I finish them.

Take care, y'all!

Remember--Our bodies were meant for motion. We are not designed to be sedentary creatures!

17. TaterTot

TaterTot Guest

When I started losing weight, I found a style of pants that I really liked. So as I lost, I bought the next size down in the same style. I had from 20 - 10, but as I have gone down to the smaller size each time, I threw out the bigger size. (Following me?) I am in the 12's now.

WELL, I had planned to wear those pants to church on Sunday ( :eek: yes, I am baptist) and when I put them on, they were very tight. Almost obscene!!! I was so upset, because I had been doing well on the diet. So I ate, lol. (I know, great pattern.) This morning when I was getting ready for school, I saw an open suitcase with another pair of black pants in it. I put them on and they fit!!! THen I realized it was the 10's I had tried on Sunday, and I am not in a 10 yet. I found my 12's!!!!! I am sooo relieved. I thought I would really be in a fix if I needed to dress up for something sometime soon, b/c thats what I wear if its not a dress.

18. I Am Blessed 24

Hey, Tater! At least you were able to get the 10's ON. [​IMG]

19. TaterTot

TaterTot Guest

well, if ya wanna call it that, lol. It was pretty bad

20. TEXASGRANDMA

TEXASGRANDMA New Member

I have a size 14 suit hanging in my closet for Easter Sunday, that my son got me for Christmas. He got me two suits one 16 that I am wearing now and the 14 to lose into. I have it hanging on the back wall of my closet and I look at it every day to inspire me to stick to my diet.
    betty

P.S. last Easter I wore a size 20