1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The DIFFERENCE Between USA and Radical Muslims in Torture

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by righteousdude2, Apr 24, 2009.

1. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

There may have been a shortage of engineers but one reason that we brought in so many people from the Middle East, Africa, and Asia was that the leftists/fascists/liberals/democrats thought there was not enough diversity in this country and changed the immigration laws.

2. windcatcher

windcatcher New Member

Not this only........ they gave them economic advantage through grants and special scholarships while increasing the difficulties for our own students and particularlly those from poor or marginal economics to compete for monies.

3. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

I was talking about working engineers not students. I don't know anything about special privileges given to students. Do you? Really? What exactly were these "grants and privileges?" I didn't want them to come over because it decreased opportunities for American engineers.

4. windcatcher

windcatcher New Member

Getting the Word mixed up a bit are you?

(Bold mine.)

The military and intelligence are extentions and tools of our government. Our government is secular and the spiritual forces and powers behind it represent the prince of the air opposing everything which is godly against or instead of the rule of God.

If we have charity....... maybe it should begin at home by doing all that we can to stop abortions.

If we have investments..... maybe we should screen them more carefully and pull out of any which supports the homos@xual agenda, or give monies or support to planned parenthood, or which are the resources behind the war machine. Perhaps we should boycott all businesses and products which add to the profits and the support to immoral causes and laws.

============================
    Where I'd draw the line with these enhanced interrogation techniques would have to do where life is endangered, scarred or maimed, where subjects are tagged under dubious evidence or doubt, and where it continues beyond the need for intelligence or interrogation and becomes an excuse for punishment and revenge, not in that order. Still, I'd rather not have knowledge of any such and leave it in the hands of those who God has ordained to power are held responsibile by him for our security and welfare and the choices they make.

#64 windcatcher, Apr 28, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 28, 2009
  5. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

A big AMEN to that but it will be a cold day before the liberals [who claim to be for the least among us] take any action to eliminate the slaughter of the unborn.

Perhaps we should start with GE who has aided the Iran nuclear program through trade and their support of the outrageous slobbering love affair of NBC and MSNBC for the little o!

I believe there is a big difference between the interrogation of the detainees at Gtmo and the prisoners at Abu Gareb. However, I am not sure where I would draw the line on getting information from a terrorist leader. I would rule out torture for revenge though I can understand why and how people would do it. It is a fact: War is hell!

6. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

What does abortion have to do with the topic. Any response moderators?

7. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ever wondered (?) how the baby feels when the normal fluid is inundated with saline solution?

How about being almost legally born & have something stick a hole in his/her soft skull specifically for the purpose of sucking brains out?

Would that come under the topic of torture??

Nah!! I guess not since it's legal, and approved by the big zero!!

Now I fully realize that for a terrorists this would qualify as torture, but not for the un-born - least not in today's US of A.

Well, FWIW, you can take heart in the fact that NO USEFUL KNOWLEDGE was obtained from the fetus, and none was expected; as 'twas with the terrorists.

But hey, I'm just a basically fundamental Christian, so what I think ain't squat in today's society.

But you are right JC, this has nothing to do with the topic of TERRORIST TORTURE, so just disregard all the preceding!!:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: