1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Differences Between Pensacola Christian College and Hyles Anderson?

Discussion in 'Baptist Colleges & Seminaries' started by Truth Seeker, Nov 15, 2015.

1. Truth Seeker

Truth Seeker Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I hope you guys can tell me some of the differences between these two fundy colleges. My church approves Pensacola but not Hyles Anderson.

I have many negative things about Hyles Anderson but not much about Pensacola College. Please share what you know or have experienced in these colleges. We will soon have the Pensacola Gospel Team in our church. It appears like my pastor is really for Pensacola. What can you tell me about churches that are pattern after Pensacola. As some have said that whatever college your pastor approves means they pattern themselves after them. Please state any unbiblical doctrines or standards, or any disagreements you may have with both of these colleges.

2. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

If you are strongly KJV and don't mind a lot of man imposed standards for students Pensacola will be fine.

Our daughter went there a few years ago. I had problems with the extravagant spending on things like landscaping and chandeliers.

They have the highest rated swimming pool facilities of any university in America. Just more wasteful extravagance IMNSHO.

If those things are not an issue it provides a decent quality Christian education and they have a lot of successful graduates in all areas of life.

Hyles-Anderson verges on cultdom.

3. Truth Seeker

Truth Seeker Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Some have said that Pensacola Christian College is not really a baptist college. But all the grads that I know of pastor IFB churches.

4. reverist

reverist Member

I honestly worry about the heart attitudes that seem to come from there. The legalism is not found in the rules themselves, as much as the idea that rules makes one righteous. You can have a great time there, or not; but either way, just be sure you don't think you derive your "goodness" from following the rules!

5. Kevin

Kevin Active Member

If I was sending a son or daughter away from home for school I would appreciate strict rules, and would hope that I had raised my kids in a way that they could see the benefits of the rules.

I'm guessing, but I imagine the rules are available before enrolling for classes. Unless there was something that would be un-scriptural about the rules, it would be up to the folks to decide where to go to school. Like Churches, schools are not one size fits all.