1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The disputed ending of Mark 16.

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by rstrats, Oct 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Gerhard Ebersoehn Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    GE:

You say you are a preacher for truth, but,

1) "know that the disciples worshiped on the first day of the week as is shown in the Scriptures" ?!

and,

2) "don't see anywhere that says they worshiped and assembled on the Sabbath day" ?!

... a preacher ?!
    ... for TRUTH ?!

Well I needed a laugh today ... so thanks for it.

2. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

GE:

How do you expect him to 'consult authors' of the Bible books if there are none?!

Which 'authors' of Bible Books have YOU 'consulted' that "concluded" or 'state', that the early Christians 'held to' a "first day resurrection"?

Wouldn't it be MUCH EASIER simply to have QUOTED them here for everyone to read them?

3. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

GE:

Ironically, dear Strats, NEITHER of these texts 'ACTUALLY' mention that anybody ACTUALLY - that is, by Predicate or finite, Indicative Verb, mention that anybody got together on the First Day ... it's the Sundayists who try their make-belief on simple but honest people like you and me.

4. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    GE:

It doesn't really matter which day we worship as long as we worship on Sundays and not on the Sabbath.

It's not a determinative factor regarding salvation, as long as we worship on Sundays and not on the Sabbath.
    We are not to judge one anothers’ days of importance or respect, as long as it’s Sundays and not the Sabbath which is one’s day of importance and respect …

… really …

5. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

GE:

SEE WHAT I MEANT in my post before this?

6. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

Those links are is all bible.

#86 freeatlast, Oct 17, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 17, 2011
  7. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

GE:

"According to the Scriptures ... Christ rose the third day" of the PASSOVER!

According to the Scriptures Mark 14:12,17 Matthew 26:17,20 Luke 22:7,14 1Corinthians 11:23 Exodus 12:15 Leviticus 23:11,15 et al ... Christ was crucified and died "Came the first day they always had to KILL the passover ... the day they REMOVED (the) LEAVEN" ... OF LIFE "THE VERY FIRST DAY" of passover Exodus 12:14,15a Leviticus 23:5.

According to the Scriptures the PASSOVER Scriptures "Came Evening already ... since it had been the Preparation ... which is the Fore-Sabbath SUDDENLY there came JOSEPH ..." on the scene "with the INTENT TO BURY the body of Jesus .... and ... he closed the grave and ... by the time of the Jews' preparations to start ... DEPARTED when That Day the Preparation had been and began to incline towards the Sabbath" Luke 23:54 John 19:42.

THREE REAL, 'Scripture-days' the three "first" days of the first passover and last three days of the Last Passover of Yahweh.

#87 Gerhard Ebersoehn, Oct 17, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 17, 2011
  8. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

GE:

I don't grasp your mathematics of days. Have just looked at the 'logics' of trigonometry, and must say it made a little better sense to my 'logic' which was none non the less.

9. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hebrews 4:8 as well as Acts 7:45 speak of Joshua, not Jesus our savior.

"another day" is part of the scripture.

Yes, there is 'another day' (sabbatismos) and it is our "duty" to enter into this rest permanently 24/7 and cease from our own works, and not fall in disbelief.

Now if anyone has entered into Christ's rest and wants to keep Saturday sabbath, fine, but they must first have entered into His rest to receive the promised rest for his soul.

Colossians 2:16 Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:​

I wont if you wont.

If you go back and look at my post I didn't name anyone in particular but was presenting the rest that Jesus Christ provides as superior to the 7th day sabbath of the law given to Moses and Joshua.

Those who keep the 7th day sabbath must do it every week (and I am not saying the 7th day rest shouldn't be done, but that it is not a "duty") whereas we must enter into the rest Christ provides once for eternity.

HankD

10. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    GE:

Correction:

"... We were talking about Matthew 28:1; not about _Luke 24:1_."

11. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

GE:

Hebrews 12:2, “we are looking at JESUS the Author and Finisher of our Faith” and Giver of God’s Rest, verse 2b;

Hebrews 12:24,
    “We are come to JESUS the Mediator of the New Covenant … See that YE REFUSE NOT _HIM_”, “JESUS, the Son of God, LET US HOLD FAST OUR PROFESSION” 4:14 which is that “JESUS had given them Rest”— the Rest of God!

Hebrews 13:20,
    “The God of Peace that BROUGHT AGAIN FROM THE DEAD OUR LORD JESUS that Great Shepherd of the sheep.”

TWENTY times in Hebrews it is WRITTEN, “JESUS” and without exception it is MEANT, JESUS”— THIS “Jesus the Son of God” and God’s Joy, Wellpleasing … and: “REST”.

“JESUS”; not, Joshua who DID NOT give Israel rest, in any case!

And I could quote but you could also go read Calvin who mentions several greats of the past who all say as Calvin does, that it is Jesus Christ in Hebrews 4:8.

But most important to me is the context of Hebrews 4 before verse 8 where the reference indisputably is to Adam and Eve before any others who DID NOT ENTER into God’s Rest and rather PREVENTED entrance as for themselves, for just about everybody else.

But in Hebrews 4:8 as everywhere in Hebrews,
    nothing is TRUER:
    “IF JESUS GAVE THEM REST,
    God would after these things”
    — “these things”, God’s Rest through Jesus Christ —
    “never again speak of another day”
    — “another day” of opportunity and grace to enter God’s Rest.

Jesus Christ the Only Way! Is the message of Hebrews throughout as well as in 4:8 specifically. That is the meaning of the word “day” in verse 4b; that, and not the failures of the Jewish leaders of the past like Joshua who is not even given a thought in the whole of the context.

The idea of Joshua being the subject in 4:8 is a corner-stone of Wednesday crucifixionism. Are you a Wednesday crucifixionist?

12. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

GE:

So why should I or anyone else consult them, if we have the Bible? That's what he's said!

13. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

GE:

What makes you think “he was in the ground for three days”?!

And what makes you think “The debate is whether that three day period is three days from the day he died or includes the day he died”?! What makes you think it is debateable the a priori the three day period includes the day He died?!

I’ll tell you what!

That you do not know WHICH AND WHAT ‘DAYS’ the “three days” ARE!

It seems the whole of Christiandom is oblivious to the most before hand Bible Truth there is, that the “three days” “on the third day” of which “Christ according to THE SCRIPTURES rose from the dead” on, were the “three days thick darkness” and three “first” days of the Passover of Yahweh.

Now give us please WITHOUT WHAT YOU THINK, “The text in other places …” of the Scriptures that “… clearly shows the Resurrection on Sunday”?

This is the most urgent!

14. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

The bible says three days and three nights, not just three days.

15. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    GE:

“Although we can regard Sunday as "the Lord's day," there is NO Biblical evidence that the Sabbath switched to Sunday.”

On what grounds do you “regard Sunday as "the Lord's day"”?

It is “The Seventh Day Sabbath of the LORD GOD” that
    ALL “Biblical evidence” regard as "the Lord's Day" because
    God in Christ “the Seventh Day finished”, and
    in and through Jesus Christ
    “from ALL his works rested”—
    who is “my Lord and my God” THE RISEN from the dead
    touched by the hand of the heart touched by faith.
    John 20:28.

THEREFORE:
    … we assemble and worship
    “on the Lord JESUS' Day” OF RESURRECTION,
    and “remember the Sabbath Day BECAUSE …
    … GOD, IN IT RESTED” …
    … “RESTED” by having RAISED Him from the dead—
    “IN THE SABBATH’S DAY”—
    which very thing for God as well as us …
    … is ‘observing the Sabbath Day’.

We are under God’s Law or we are under the commandments and traditions of men … for Jesus Christ is the New Covenant Fulfilment of God’s Holy Sabbath Promises. Indeed
    “God gave HIM as HEAD over all things
    TO THE CHURCH”— by
    “the working of his POWER which God worked …
    … WHEN HE RAISED CHRIST FROM THE DEAD …”
    … “the SUBSTANCE” and “Body of Christ’s Own”.
    Colossians 2:12-19.

Therefore “In Creation, God rested the seventh day because He completed the original work of Creation” IN AND THROUGH JESUS CHRIST IN AND THROUGH THE RESURRECTION OF HIM “IN THE SABBATH – SABBATH’S-TIME” the Seventh Day of the week!

Therefore again, absolutely true,
    “When mankind sinned, we needed a redeemer.”
    And Christ had His work scheduled.”
    The Sabbath, like the sacrifice which GOD made THAT DAY
    Genesis 3:8-24—ALL— were
    types and Divine Promise and Prophecy of CHRIST-AWAITING-HIS-WORK of completion and rest through Resurrection from the dead in the last day.
    Jesus Christ is “The Beginning of the creation of God”.

“Christ sat down to demonstrate that the work was complete” and
    “THEREFORE”— Hebrews 4:9 ‘ara’—
    _WE_, now as “The People of God are subject to literal Sabbath day observance" = Hebrews 4:9 ‘apoleipetai sabbatismos tohi laohi tou Theou’.

Quoting you, AresMan quoting
    Colossians 2
    16: Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:
    17: Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.

“We enter into His rest:”— we “must keep God’s Sabbath Day”.
    But NEVER the other way around because that is what Hebrews 9:8-10 demands!

#95 Gerhard Ebersoehn, Oct 18, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 18, 2011
  16. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

GE:

You are not answering my question; I don't ask the length of time or number of days.

17. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

GE:

Is this what your "hyperliteralism" means, the literal truth you have NOT quoted, i.e., “cited” as you claim, ONE SINGLE “passage”, yet?!

Literalism must be the better option …

18. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    GE:

Like me who maintain BOTH that the moment or event makes the whole day, AS WELL as that the FULL, _PROPHETIC_ 'day' of night and day sunset to sunset, makes the whole day.

BOTH "criteria" can ONLY be found and are ONLY MET in the "three days" of "three days and three nights" "on the third day" _OF WHICH_ "Christ ACCORDING TO THE SCRIPTURES" - the PASSOVER Scriptures -, "ROSE from the dead".

19. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

GE:

Why on earth do you want to "get Him in the grave" in the earth, "three days and three nights"?

20. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

GE:

It seems to me the imperative for ‘solving the problem’ of the “three days” is that the obvious and indisputable, EASY option must in advance be dismissed as unworkable and in its stead only enigmatic inexplicable fanciful solutions are worth considering.

WHY I won’t know.

Re:
    “It is impossible to get Him in the grave for three days and three night with a Friday crucifixion even if one manipulates the times that constitute a day and night.”

Now this is true; nevertheless the ingenious Sundayists find their way around this truth, by exactly the method you mention,
    “manipulates the times that constitute a day and night”!

They take halve of one day and stitch it to halve of another day, and voila, one day! But it no longer is any day “according to the Scriptures” the PASSOVER-Scriptures of ‘sunset to sunset'.

Now you yourself make yourself guilty of something akin, here, having said,
    “Most likely He rose at sun down on Saturday the 7th day Sabbath.”

“Sun down on Saturday” is perfectly on the night of the First Day of the Bible. You argue a Sunday resurrection, thinking you argue a Sabbath’s resurrection!

Unfortunately you amounted ENOUGH “of math manipulation” a Friday crucifixion despite, to “have … a Sunday resurrection”.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.