1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The distinction between soul and spirit of man

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Dr. Walter, Jan 20, 2011.

1. SpiritualMadMan

SpiritualMadMan New Member

To be honest, I am not as worried about distant past issues as I am in the current difficulties.

No, I don't really think a Leopard can change his spots overnight.

People who are caught up in the "mystique" of being a prophet and who are not taking seriously the "mantle" thereof, generally don't get it right very quickly.

Usually they have to lose everything and even then, their recovery is iffy.

I agree that we have to be very careful about "Signing God's Name".

If fact it would seem to be a bit arrogant to do so unless you really know that you have the mind of Christ on a Matter.

Even then, not even Paul, who was carried up to the Third Heaven, was inclined to do so without a direct command...

I have a saying that more or less sums up my thoughts on these things...

It is a truly blessed thing to be on the cutting edge of a move of God's Spirit. However, it is also a very dangerous place to be. Because when you are moving at those speeds in the Spirit all it take is a flip of the wrist and the whole thing is in the ditch...

There is also a contemptable and disasterous attitude among some desperate Pentecostals and Charismatics and that is that they would rather have "Strange Fire" than no fire at all.

This is why I insist that if I am going to be a part of a "movement" that Bible Study and Prayer come first...

Obviously, our exegesis will be a bit different than the majority on this board. But, I think you'll agree it is, at least, a good place to start.

Another issue to be dealt with, you haven't yet, so I will, is Holiness.

On another board there is a spirited debate about the place of Holiness in regards to having the Power of God at work in ones life and ministry.

Now, I am not talking about an extrenal regimented Holiness. But, one that is from the Heart outward and toward God first.

A poster posted and excerpt from an old school fellow who stated his fervent belief that Holiness preceeds Power.

I won't replay the thread here. But, there were the predictable "Word of Faith" responses which made my heart cringe.

For, in my own estimation, Holiness is the Superconductor of God's Power.

A lack of Holiness brings doubt which, at the least, cripples Faith, without which it is impossible to please God.

But, then I am wandering off topic.

It has been good to share with you.

Thank you for your patience with me. :D