1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured The Doctrine of Justification

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by evangelist6589, Jan 23, 2014.

1. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And when does God "spiritually place is in Christ" and "credit our faith as righteousness"?

2. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I need a little help here as I thought I answered this question.

When = During our lifetime when God credits our faith as righteousness, He places us spiritually in Christ.

So, not before we put our wholehearted faith in Christ, but with no delay when we put our wholehearted faith in Christ.

Now a person might put his or her faith in Christ, but not wholeheartedly, like the second and third soils of Matthew 13, and therefore God would not credit that faith as righteousness. But such a person might continue to meditate on the matter, and later make a full commitment, which God would credit as righteousness.

3. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm trying to understand your theology. The Bible says that "we may know that we have eternal life" 1 John 5:13, so how do we know when God counts our faith as being wholehearted?

4. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    When God puts us in Christ, He seals us in Christ with the Holy Spirit forever.

Paul tells us to examine ourselves. If we find the fruit of the Spirit at the core of our heart (i.e. our heart does not condemn us) we know that we are of the faith and should take the bread and the wine and remember our Lord Jesus.

What is the testimony of God as declared in the inspired scripture?

Jesus was born of a women, a virgin women, and lived a sinless life, was crucified, buried, and arose on the third day. Thus Jesus is the Christ, the Messiah, the Anointed One of God. Do we believe this testimony? Do we believe Jesus is the Son of God, God incarnate? Or do we pay lip service to the gospel, and rather than follow our Lord, we pick and choose?

The Bible says God protects and keeps us through our faith, so if our faith in not solid, evidencing it is protected by the power of God, we have no basis to believe we are born anew.

#64 Van, Feb 2, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 2, 2014
  5. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I realized the omission of NOT after the edit feature timed out, hence the seemingly repeat post, but with a key correction.

6. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, you have stated this. So when does God put us in Christ and seal us with the Holy Spirit? Please be specific. Don't say after creation and before our death.

7. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Again, I have answered this question.

1) Does God credit our faith as righteousness before we put our wholehearted faith in Christ? NO

2) Does God delay crediting our faith as righteousness after we come to wholehearted faith? No

3) Therefore, God credits our faith as righteousness immediately after we come to wholehearted faith.

4) This is not "after creation" but a specific time in every saved person's lifetime.

5) This is not "before our death" but a specific time before death when we come to wholehearted faith.

8. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    When do WE know we have "wholehearted faith" so that we can claim 1 John 5:13?

9. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yet again, I have answered that question. If you would quote my answer, and then address what was not answered, I will try again. But to expect me to re-quote and re-quote the same answers over and over seems silly. See post # 65.

10. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    When are we justified?
    When God puts us spiritually in Christ. ​

When does God put us spiritually in Christ?
    When God credits our faith as righteousness. ​

When does God credit our faith as righteousness?
    When we put our wholehearted faith in Christ as determined by God and not ourselves. ​

How do we know God credited our faith as righteousness and put us in Christ?
    When God seals us in Christ with the Holy Spirit. ​

How do we know we have the Spirit of God in us?
    We examine ourselves to see if we find the fruit of the Spirit. If our heart does not condemn us, and our faith is solid and we are fully committed to follow and serve Christ, we know we are in Christ and Christ is in us. ​

11. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You're talking in circles. My Bible says:

Acts 2:41 NKJV
    Then those who gladly received his word were baptized; and that day about three thousand souls were added to them.

Acts 5:14 NKJV
    And believers were increasingly added to the Lord, multitudes of both men and women,

Acts 8:36-37 NKJV
    Now as they went down the road, they came to some water. And the eunuch said, “See, here is water. What hinders me from being baptized?” Then Philip said, “If you believe with all your heart, you may.” And he answered and said, “I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.”

Acts 16:30-31 NKJV
    And he brought them out and said, “Sirs, what must I do to be saved?” So they said, “Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved, you and your household.”

I'm not seeing any delay or process of self introspection on the part of these believers before being added to God's Kingdom.

12. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks for finally saying something I can address!!

Did I say there was a delay for "introspection" after a person comes to wholehearted faith? No. No. NO. So why are you falsely claiming I did?

Did I say God puts believers in Christ through water baptism? No. No. NO

Believers are put in Christ spiritually, by being baptized spiritually into Christ immediately, without delay, without delay, without delay, if God credits their faith as righteousness.

Did you not read or miss-read this prior answer to your question?

#72 Van, Feb 5, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2014
  13. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I edited this prior post to add "with no delay."

Hopefully I am no longer talking in circles.

14. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    faith is a gift from God towards those whom hewill save thru the death of jesus for their sins, so NO rightiousness in faith, as its God start to finish who saves us!

15. Winman

Winman Active Member

If faith is a gift, then why did Jesus ask Peter why he doubted?

Mat 31:25 And in the fourth watch of the night Jesus went unto them, walking on the sea.
    26 And when the disciples saw him walking on the sea, they were troubled, saying, It is a spirit; and they cried out for fear.
    27 But straightway Jesus spake unto them, saying, Be of good cheer; it is I; be not afraid.
    28 And Peter answered him and said, Lord, if it be thou, bid me come unto thee on the water.
    29 And he said, Come. And when Peter was come down out of the ship, he walked on the water, to go to Jesus.
    30 But when he saw the wind boisterous, he was afraid; and beginning to sink, he cried, saying, Lord, save me.
    31 And immediately Jesus stretched forth his hand, and caught him, and said unto him, O thou of little faith, wherefore didst thou doubt?

Did Jesus not know that God only gave Peter a little faith?

Did Jesus forget that Peter only had a little faith?

Please explain how Jesus's question to Peter can make any logical sense if faith is a gift from God as you believe.