1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Duggars

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Berean, Jun 3, 2015.

1. Berean

Berean Member
    Site Supporter

Megan Kelly to interview Duggar family Re; Scandal @ 9:00 PM ET. Fox News

2. Thousand Hills

Thousand Hills Active Member

Don't have cable and probably won't have time to watch the interview later, used to watch the show when we did have cable. Regardless here's my take based upon what I've read about the situation.

(1) The parents are arrogant egomaniacs. How did they not think this would come out. It would be one thing to do the first show or whatever back when they got their first 15 minutes of fame, but to continue to put your family and kids in the spotlight show after show, special after special, book after book, etc., etc., and not realize it would all come crumbling down at some point when skeletons came out of the closet is beyond me. Hindsight is 20/20, I always percieved they were sincere about their beliefs and what their "calling" for family life was, but its obvious to me now they enjoyed the spotlight and money and could care less about any of their kids.

(2) Not sure if they handled his discipline correctly or not in the beginning, seemed pretty weak. However, what happened should have been a wake up call that their method of having the older children care for the younger children wasn't working and they as parents needed more time with each child. They started the show only 2 years after this incident, again, why in the world would you do that unless you were crazy/arrogant?

(3) Ann posted a link in an earlier thread: http://www.baptistboard.com/showthread.php?t=99819
    http://fiddlrts.blogspot.com/2015/05....html?spref=fb

I thought it was a good read about the whole Gothard influence, was not familiar with him, here is an excerpt that I believe is accurate about the family/show, etc.

(4) Part of me wonders about the timing of this, if it isn't coming out now because of their ties to Huckabee. I'm not convinced he is a front runner by any means, but it is curious.

3. go2church

go2church Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    As seen on Twitter, describes how I feel

If you swallowed poison, this would a great interview to watch.