1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Dysfunctional GOP is Failing to Govern

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Crabtownboy, Mar 17, 2015.

1. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why am I not surprised. Oh, because they have done nothing for almost 8 years except say No and argue with each other.

2. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Democrats are the most hated party in the history of the USA. Democrats are a loose cannon and they have done what they could to hurt the American people. Soon they promises to abolish the use of coal, which should touch off a depression. The Democrats have no remorse and no pity and no concern for the plight of the poor that they have injured.

3. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    ...more likely it's going to touch off a new era of safe, clean, efficient nuclear power. Get your kids and their kids heads geared up for it, there'll be plenty of opportunity for careers in that field.

#3 kyredneck, Mar 17, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 17, 2015
  4. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

And who is saying NO to the bill regarding "Human Trafficking" It is the baby killers in the Senate. Just in case you don't know "baby killers" is a name for democrats. But they are well versed at saying NO since they were well taught by dingy Harry!

5. OldRegular

Could not have said it better myself!

6. OldRegular

I was in the nuclear industry, government not commercial, but was somewhat familiar with commercial nuclear. Back in the 1980's it was expected there would be 1000 nuclear power plants in the US by now but the anti-nukes delayed construction so long that the cost of construction became prohibitive.

Unfortunately most utilities did not really understand that a nuclear power plant is not the same as a fossil fueled plant. Some learned, Duke Power probably more so than any other.

Georgia Power is building a new plant across the river from where I reside. Don't know of any others being build at this time.

7. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The 'anti-nukes' are coming around in a huge way to the cold hard fact that nuclear is the only thing that can realistically replace fossil fuel. The new reactors they're building now are inherently failsafe and will actually use the radioactive waste we've already stockpiled over the decades. France is way ahead of everybody else, 80% of their electricity comes from nuclear.

Don't know if you've got Netflix or one of your youngun's subscribe, but you ever get the chance watch the documentary 'Pandora's Promise'; you having a background in that field I'm certain you would enjoy it.

Bill Gates is invested into his own Gen 4 technology company.