The Eden Diet

Discussion in 'Health and Wellness' started by Spinach, Oct 5, 2009.

1. Spinach

Spinach
    Expand Collapse

Have any of you ever heard or/tried this no-diet, diet solution called the Eden Diet?

Just from the little bit of reading I've done from the website, it resonates with me.

Thoughts?

2. Johnv

Johnv
    Expand Collapse

I've heard of it, and even tried it for a while. Dieting alone isnt' the answer. The answer is eating right and moving more.

3. donnA

donnA
    Expand Collapse

Dieting is not the answer,diet is failure, diets are short lived, what a person needs is to permenantly change of eating habits. Who has ever lived permenatly on a diet? None that I've ever known.

4. matt wade

matt wade
    Expand Collapse

Agreed. I've recently lost 60 pounds and it was because I changed my eating habits permanently and started a regular exercise routine.

5. Revmitchell

Revmitchell
    Expand Collapse

I was recently asked what I did to start losing so much weight. " I bought bigger suits."

6. Spinach

Spinach
    Expand Collapse

LOL, Revmitchell.

See, this isn't a diet. It's a no-diet solution, focusing on the "why"s of overeating, sedentary lifestyle, emotional eating, etc. She asserts that in general, being overweight is a spiritual issue. I can see that from my own standpoint. Instead of taking my issues to God, I drown them in chocolate.

FWIW, I'm only 10lbs overweight for my height---even after having a gaggle of kiddos, so it's not that bad. It's the emotional stuff that I struggle with.