1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Elect and the Gospel

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by Old_School_Baptist, Feb 23, 2003.

1. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Okay, I understand now. [​IMG]

Whether those at the Great White Throne are aware of their need for salvation or not, they have to rely on their works for salvation as they have no other choice. It's de facto.

2. 4study

4study New Member

Ken H,

Okay, so you mean their reliance upon works is "default" for the non-elect. I understand that point but I'm still confused about the concept in the light of Total Depravity.

You're suggesting, I think, that those at the Great White Throne are there as a result of their "works for salvation". That still doesn't make sense to me. The Totally Depraved should never be "working for salvation". They also should never be found before God has having presented their "works for salvation".

3. Ray Berrian

Ray Berrian New Member

The 'works' referred to in Revelation 20:13 are not only good works but evil works, better known as acts of sins.

Dr. A.T. Robertson, the Greek scholar, suggests this on page 464 of his Word Pictures In The New Testament. 'We are saved by grace, but character at last (according to their works) is the test as the fruit of the tree {Matt. 7:16, 20; . . . . 25:31-46; John 15:6; . . . . }.

The alleged 'good works' of sinners in Revelation 20:12 is a misnomer. The Bible says that even 'the plowing of the wicked is sin' in the eyes of God. [Proverbs 21:4]