1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

THE EMERGING GLOBAL VILLAGE

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by poncho, Mar 25, 2006.

1. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

By Pastor Chuck Baldwin

March 24, 2006

NewsWithViews.com

Former President George Herbert Walker Bush was the first national figure to publicly use the term "New World Order." Since those days in the late 1980's, numerous notable personalities have advanced the concept of global hegemony.

As a student of the Scriptures, I am well aware that ever since the events surrounding the Tower of Babel (recorded in Genesis chapter 11), the desire for world conquest has repeatedly arisen in the hearts of power-hungry men. I also believe a vast number of America's political, commercial, media, and entertainment elite today knowingly assist and facilitate this emerging global village.

I further propound that since the end of World War II, the great majority of America's foreign policies have more to do with building Bush's "New World Order" than with protecting the people or interests of the United States. Yes, Margaret, that includes our current actions in the Middle East.

Both President George W. Bush and British Prime Minister Tony Blair speak boldly and often of their intentions to globalize the political and commercial affairs of the world's nations. One has only to listen to Bush's latest State of the Union address to get a glimpse of how immersed our political leaders are in the philosophy of globalism.

<snip>

SOURCE

2. hillclimber

hillclimber New Member

I wish Baldwin would quit calling himself a Pastor, and refer to himself as a commentator.

3. billwald

billwald New Member

The new global village will be the same as the old one with 1% rich people, 10% middle class professionals, and the rest, poor people.

4. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

The old global village didn't have the all high tech abilities to track and trace the peasants and what they buy and sell like the masters of the new global village have now. High tech fuedalism and mercantilism should prove to be very interesting.