1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The end of the windshield wiper as we know it

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by thisnumbersdisconnected, Dec 16, 2013.

1. thisnumbersdisconnected

Must be a slow news day. There's this, a story on unworkable incinerators the Army bought, and a repeat of the story about veterans' benefits being on the line in the news budget. Plus, FNC has spent all morning covering the possibility of explosives on the Harvard campus.

Finals week, everyone in a hurry to go home for Christmas, it's cold, lots of snow on the ground, no one wants to get out of bed.

"Hey, I know, let's call in a bomb threat!"

How long these people been in education, anyway?

2. ktn4eg

ktn4eg New Member

If one REALLY needs to hear some loud noise, one should have been blessed to be assigned to the propulsion branch of the USAF's F-102 "Delta Dagger" fighter-interceptor jet during the 1960's.

When that aircraft's single jet engine's afterburner was in the max position, one could stand nose-to-nose to another person and scream at the top of one's lungs and still not be heard by the other person!

Yep, them was the good ole days!! :thumbsup:

3. ktn4eg

ktn4eg New Member

In my last post, I also failed to mention the fact that many of the super-sonic jet fighter aircraft [i.e., those capable of flying above Mach 1] employ the use of highly compressed air from their jet engines [usually from the 16th stage of compression] to simply blow off any foreign objects away from their front windshields.

This would be comparable to an automobile's windshield's high speed defroster--except for the fact that the warm air from its motor would be directed on to the outside of its windshield rather than to the inside of it.