The EU's response to Ukraine has been a betrayal

Discussion in 'News / Current Events' started by poncho, May 2, 2014.

1. poncho

poncho
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

Russia's hostility has only served to intensify Ukrainians' lust for a European future – but the EU just looks on

Two weeks ago I stood and watched as three groups of heavily armed men in military uniforms entered a police station in Slavyansk. One of them, a friendly fellow who spoke some English, later confessed to being a Russian marine who had served in Chechnya; this was an unsurprising revelation, since he talked also of serial skydiving and had an assault rifle issued to Moscow's armed forces slung across his back.

There is little doubt that a despotic regime in Russia is, slowly but surely, dismembering its neighbour. First Crimea, speedily annexed with barely a whimper from the west, and now the wealthy industrial heartlands of east Ukraine. If it were a conventional military invasion, there would be worldwide outcry. Instead, strategic sites are taken over in camouflaged attacks that confound critics, while a barrage of parodic propaganda pumped out by Vladimir Putin confuses the core issues.

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/may/02/eu-ukraine-betrayal-russia-hostility-lust-european-future

This is some good stuff here. No, I'm not talking about the Guardian's poor attempt at demonizing the Russians I'm talking about the comment section.

No one is buying this load of baloney anymore.

See I keep telling you three amigos + 2 (you know who you are) that people are waking up. :smilewinkgrin:

#1 poncho, May 2, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 2, 2014
  2. Salty

Salty
    Expand Collapse
    20,000 Posts Club

Lets get USAEUR AND USAFE involved

3. poncho

poncho
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

To do what shut down the comment section?