1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured The Evidence is in....Hillary is not a Christian

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Revmitchell, Oct 21, 2016.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    During Thursday night’s Al Smith charity dinner in New York City, which featured speeches from both presidential candidates, Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton told those gathered that she shares a belief with Roman Catholics that to “achieve salvation,” a person must have “both faith and good works.”

“I am not Catholic. I’m a Methodist. But one of the things we share is a belief that in order to achieve salvation, we need both faith and good works,” Clinton told those gathered.

http://christiannews.net/2016/10/21...-salvation-we-need-both-faith-and-good-works/

2. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    II Timothy 2:17 Thus also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead.

3. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Apparently with the GOP having supported Mitt the Mormon and Donald the one who doesn't need to ask for forgiveness, there just ain't much reason to believe that whether or not a candidate is a follower of Jesus Christ REALLY matters to evangelicals in the GOP.

As I recall, many of you were electing a "President and not a pastor".:Whistling

Yes, this is the type of lack of credibility and platform for witnessing God's truth that Christians are left with when you throw out Christ FIRST in an effort to win an election.

4. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    So by you posting this scripture as a response to the salvation question, you are agreeing with Hillary that one's works is part of what justifies them before God unto salvation. Correct?

5. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Hillary's statement begs clarification. Muslims have faith. Jews have faith. Even Atheist have faith. And I myself growing up in a Methodist church am pretty sure Methodist place absolutely no value in works playing a part in salvation.

6. The American Dream

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Your question implies a gross misunderstanding of the relationship between faith and works. Works before salvation is worthless. Salvation is by grace through faith. After salvation, good works come as a byproduct, nothing to do with salvation, except no works is a sign there was no coming to salvation.

As far as candidates are concerned, a person guilty of treason, perjury and murder with no Godly remorse is generally not saved. My sense is Hillary could not be brought to salvation ever. She is wrapped up in power and worldly things, aside from being a common criminal.

I do not like Donald Trump's language, but this is a diamond in the rough that God can work on. I look at the poll numbers and it looks hopeless. In my state, Hillary is polling in the 20s. We march to a different drummer than most of the rest of the nation. If God gives the USA the mercy we do not deserve, Donald will win. If God chooses not to extend mercy, Hillary will win. Let her get elected with a Democrat Congress and a godless Supreme Court and see what happen.

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I did not imply anything. I asked Crabby a question about his own answer to the OP.

8. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What she said is pretty clear even thought it is contrary to Methodist doctrine.

9. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Correct. Her statement includes everyone, thus everyone gets saved. Faith in whatever and good works which everyone has.

10. Baptist Believer

Baptist Believer Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I find this a strange comparison:

Ms. Clinton + power, worldly things, and criminality = God can't bring her to salvation.

NOTE: The coarseness of his language is not the primary issue. As my wife put it, the most offensive word he used was "grab." It is the language of sexual assault.

So Mr. Trump is NOT wrapped up in power, worldly things, and sketchy business dealings?

Why can God use Mr. Trump and not Ms. Clinton?

11. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm sorry; did someone here actually think Hillary was a Christian?

12. The American Dream

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    God can do anything. Ms. Clinton has been a politician for 30+ years and has done nothing towards a Christ like life. She is focused on the world. Donald Trump sincerely believes he can change America. So who would you rather voted for, someone that grabbed a woman decades ago, or an ongoing murderer, thief, and perjurer, oh and don't forget treason? This kills me. A woman grabbed in the 60s that said nothing for 50 years, now it bothers her.

• Winner Winner x 2
  13. Baptist Believer

Baptist Believer Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I agree.

You and I are not the best judges of that. I haven't seen any fruit, but it is not my place to definitively state whether she is wheat or a tare.

Mr. Trump is as well.

Ms. Clinton does as well.

Actually, there is a long pattern of physical and verbal attacks throughout his adult life.

I don't agree with all of your long list, but I do agree that she is a terrible candidate. Unfortunately, she is better than Mr. Trump (obviously, my opinion).

It is clear you know nothing of sexual assault. I have known many women - and some men - who have been sexually assaulted. It's not something casually talked about. If it is talked about at all, it is with close friends or in a therapy session. It bothers them everyday and most are filled with shame. It's only when their attacker publicly states that there is nothing to the changes, they get angry enough to take a stand - especially if someone else has led the way.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Crabtownboy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Show me your works and I will show you your faith. If there are no works, there is no living faith. Do you preach a dead faith?

15. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yep

16. Crabtownboy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What is your authority to say she is or is not a Christian?

17. Crabtownboy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What does scripture say about judging?

18. Crabtownboy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    James 2:24-26King James Version (KJV)
    24 Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only.

25 Likewise also was not Rahab the harlot justified by works, when she had received the messengers, and had sent them out another way?

26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.

19. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Stop bearing false witness. It's your opinion that she's guilty of those things as the things you listed are all legal and she legally hasn't been charged with any of that.

Yet you think DT is a diamond in the rough?:rolleyes:

We will unmercilessly receive 8 years of Hillary Clinton because of the unrepentant wickedness of Christians during the Obama administration and the continued unrepentant wickedness in supporting DT, a man aligned against Jesus Christ.

A house divided cannot stand. God isn't gonna let us spit in his face first with Mitt Romney and now with Trump, and just let it slide. Ungh ungh. We deserve Hillary and Hillary we shall have and she will cut at the very things so many Christians have compromised to keep.

20. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Galatians 5