1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured The Evidence is in....Hillary is not a Christian

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Revmitchell, Oct 21, 2016.

1. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Judge righteous judgment - Luke 7, John 7

2. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    How does this apply to Hillary?

3. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, that is how we are to judge, righteously.

And does not scripture not say "judge not that ye be not judged"?

However, I do not see how your reply speaks to the OP.

4. Crabtownboy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    How does this give you, Don, authority to judge if a person is a Christian or not? Does this give us authority to judge you?

5. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    With all your experience in the topic, you should already know.

6. Calminian

Calminian Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

True but irrelevant. Governing officials don't need to be Christians. They just need to punish evil and protect the innocent.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Only if you understand that that passage does NOT say "don't judge," but to not judge hypocritically.

My initial question was exactly to the opening post; my following responses were to your mis-application of scripture.

8. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Ye shall know them by their fruits; and this passage tells us what fruits to look for.

Yep, sure does.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    You did not answer my question....."you are agreeing with Hillary that one's works is part of what justifies them before God unto salvation. Correct?

10. Crabtownboy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Here is the answer to your question:

1. Faith without works is dead. I do not believe in cheap grace
    2. There is no faith if there is no works.
    Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of Heaven. (Matthew 5:3)
    Blessed are those who mourn: for they will be comforted. (5:4)
    Blessed are the meek: for they will inherit the earth. (5:5)
    Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness: for they will be filled. (5:6)
    Blessed are the merciful: for they will be shown mercy. (5:7)
    Blessed are the pure in heart: for they will see God. (5:8)
    Blessed are the peacemakers: for they will be called children of God. (5:9)
    Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. (5:10)
    4. Proof of this:
    Matthew 25:31-46, New American Bible translation

31 “When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit upon his glorious throne,
    32 and all the nations will be assembled before him. And he will separate them one from another, as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats.
    33 He will place the sheep on his right and the goats on his left.
    34 Then the king will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father. Inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world.
    35 For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, a stranger and you welcomed me,
    36 naked and you clothed me, ill and you cared for me, in prison and you visited me.’
    37 Then the righteous will answer him and say, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you drink?
    38 When did we see you a stranger and welcome you, or naked and clothe you?
    39 When did we see you ill or in prison, and visit you?’
    40 And the king will say to them in reply, ‘Amen, I say to you, whatever you did for one of these least brothers of mine, you did for me.’
    41 Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you accursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels.
    42 For I was hungry and you gave me no food, I was thirsty and you gave me no drink,
    43 A stranger and you gave me no welcome, naked and you gave me no clothing, ill and in prison, and you did not care for me.’
    44 Then they will answer and say, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or ill or in prison, and not minister to your needs?’
    45 He will answer them, ‘Amen, I say to you, what you did not do for one of these least ones, you did not do for me.’
    46 And these will go off to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life.”

11. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    In all you posted I see ZERO about justification unto salvation. I did not ask you how faith is justified, which is what James preaches on. I asked you about how the person is justified before God unto salvation...."you are agreeing with Hillary that one's works is part of what justifies them before God unto salvation. Correct?

12. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It is very relevant when some Christians are trying to defend here as being such. You are a newby around here but this is not a new conversation.

13. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    She would be a Wiccan if she thought it would get her votes. Come to think of it....:Tongue

14. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    For those who struggle with James' letter on faith and works, know that you must harmonize both James and Paul for there are NO contradictions found among the Apostles.

Note that both Paul and James quote the OT on Abraham's personal justification before God...

"For if Abraham were justified by works, he hath whereof to glory; but not before God. For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness. Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt. But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. Even as David also describeth the blessedness of the man, unto whom God imputeth righteousness without works," (Romans 4)

"For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast. For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them." (Eph 2)

There it is. Paul makes it perfectly clear that the works play ZERO part in a person's justification unto salvation before God. AND Paul also points to what James elaborates on which is one is justified WITHOUT works but rather UNTO good works. James picks this up and warns against those who just "SAY" they have faith and have no works to prove or justify that their faith is true. James also quotes the OT passage on Abraham....

"Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar?
    Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, (Notice this is EXACTLY what Paul said when he said created in Christ Jesus unto good works" ) and by works was faith made perfect? (Notice it is the FAITH that was made perfect, not the soul) And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God", (James 2)

And then James asks you a question...."Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only?"

Do you see? Do you understand? Can you stay in the context? The good works justifies the person's CONFESSION. They do not justify the person unto salvation, as Paul CLEARLY declares.

A true Christian who has been born of God will by their newly given heart show good works created in Christ Jesus. James is certainly warning against confessions without a heart conversion to Jesus Christ.

"And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven." (Matt 18:3)

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Crabtownboy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    See Steaver's post.

16. The American Dream

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If it bothered them, they would have reported it in short order. I have known many that were sexually assaulted, and one does not wait fifty years to report it and get help. It should have been reported the next day. As far as the other crimes we know Hillary has committed perjury and treason from Benghazi and the email scandal alone. Also based on the number of deaths associated with the Clintons in the 90s, and Benghazi, it is almost certain she is guilty of murder. While I do not condone the language and actions of Donald Trump in the past towards women, it is better than Hillary Clinton, which is nothing but pure evil.

17. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Just stop it with the 50 years to report it lie. That would have been 1966, Trump would have been 20 years old.

Sent from my Motorola Droid Turbo

18. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So do you agree with Hillary?

19. Crabtownboy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I agree with the Bible.

I do not believe in cheap grace.

I do believe in costly grace.

Bonhoeffer put it best:

From:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Cost_of_Discipleship

"cheap grace is the preaching of forgiveness without requiring repentance, baptism without church discipline. Communion without confession. Cheap grace is grace without discipleship, grace without the cross, grace without Jesus Christ."

"costly grace confronts us as a gracious call to follow Jesus, it comes as a word of forgiveness to the broken spirit and the contrite heart. It is costly because it compels a man to submit to the yoke of Christ and follow him; it is grace because Jesus says: 'My yoke is easy and my burden is light.'"

20. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    But the subject is not about repentance, discipline, discipleship and grace without the cross or grace without Jesus Christ. I don't know why the "cheap grace" argument rises up when Christians begin a discussion about "works".