1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

"The Exorcism of Emily Rose" A new movie.

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by church mouse guy, Sep 15, 2005.

1. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sony has come out with a picture about a Catholic exorcism and the legal case stemming from it.

Movie critic and talk-radio host Michael Medved has given it a good review. Medved says:

In the Exorcism of Emily rose a priest gets in trouble with the law for performing an ancient right and Laura Lynne plays his defense attorney....[and]Tom Wilkinson who is excellent as the priest, charged with negligent homicide because a troubled college girl died during the attempted exorcism.

Purportedly based on a true story this film is consistently compelling, superbly well acted but more spiritually substantive and challenging that conventionally thrilling. The skillfully staged courtroom drama takes its time and the ultimately ambiguous somewhat surprising resolution hits the mind rather than the gut. Rated PG-13 for truly frightening flashbacks of demonic procession. 3 Stars for the serious and searing “Exorcism of Emily Rose....

Has anyone seen this film? If so, what did you think of it?

(I apologize for putting this in the news section. I think that we need a culture section but I guess evangelicals don't do windows and culture. I shouldn't be so cynical--I apologize.)

Here is the link to the website for the movie:

http://www.sonypictures.com/movies/theexorcismofemilyrose/

2. Rachel

Rachel New Member

There are threads about movies in the hobbies/Travel Forum, I know it's easy to miss. [​IMG]
    From the commercials it looks like it should be rated R, looks scary. I plan on watching it when it gets to video.

3. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks, Rachel. Do you think that the moderators should move this thread there? I never knew that movies were down in that forum because I had never been there. I have long thought that we needed a cultural forum but we have so many already that I don't know--what do you think?

4. Rachel

Rachel New Member

Yeah, they probably should move it. You can PM one and ask.
    The Christian FELLOWSHIP Forums (All Christians) is all split up, different than other boards. It would be nice if it said Movies on the front of the board there but it looks like not that many people want to talk about them here. Oh well, just post and see if you get any responses. [​IMG]

:cool:

5. church mouse guy

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Rachel, I am going to ask them to move it. There doesn't seem to be a place for discussions of fine arts and other cultural expressions exactly.