1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Fall of Man

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by icthus, May 31, 2005.

1. OCC

OCC Guest

Thanks for the compliment John. :cool:

They say behind every good man is a great woman and it's nice to be compared to a great woman. Makes me feel like a good man. Now...being that I'm a good man...does God hate me? [​IMG]

2. johnp.

johnp. New Member

Hello KJ.
    I thought they said 'behind every great man'. :cool:
    Whether God hates you or loves you has not been told to me I can only say one must be born again before they see the Kingdom of God. Only then can one be sure that God loves you with an everlasting love.
    Do not accuse me of flattery! :cool: Please. :cool:

john.

3. OCC

OCC Guest

Thanks for the compliment John. :cool:

They say that too...but I've also heard "behind every good man is a great woman". And my choice fit the context better, agreed?

I have sinned and God hates those who work iniquity...so you should tell me that God hates me. John...why would ANYONE get born again if they don't know if God loves them or hates them? The fact stands if He doesn't even love Himself, how can He love me or any of us?

Well you were persistently obnoxious to me to answer a question...I want a better answer than you gave. Does God hate me?

4. johnp.

johnp. New Member

Hello KJ.
    Ok God hates you KJ.
    I know of no man who would be born again.
    How can He love any of us is a good question. He has a wish to display His glory. :cool:
    Now how is this obnoxious?
    Whether God hates you or loves you has not been told to me I can only say one must be born again before they see the Kingdom of God. Only then can one be sure that God loves you with an everlasting love.

john.

5. OCC

OCC Guest

John, thanks for your answer. However, according to the Bible you were wrong. God loves me. [​IMG]

Answering the question wasn't obnoxious. Asking me over and over what "curse" meant, was. :cool: But hey...it's fair. I asked a guy yesterday over and over again if Jesus would be pleased with us for "having a laugh" at the Democrats...or even Republicans.

6. johnp.

johnp. New Member

Hello KJ.
    That's cheating you told me to tell you that you were hated then you tell me I'm wrong! :cool: Amazing I'd say! I have sinned and God hates those who work iniquity...so you should tell me that God hates me. Are your words? You're not doing very well are you?
    I'm sorry about that but as there was a lack of answer I thought you had forgotten so I reminded you. I did not mean to cause offence but attention.
    Yes I know I am reading it. :cool: So then, what's the word 'curse' mean then? :cool:

john.

7. OCC

OCC Guest

John...not cheating. More like...baiting you to answer. :cool:

"I'm sorry about that but as there was a lack of answer I thought you had forgotten so I reminded you. I did not mean to cause offence but attention." Ok. Maybe you were just "baiting" me to answer as well.

Do you want the noun or the verb?

8. johnp.

johnp. New Member

Hello KJ.
    I just asked the question. :cool:
    I do not want the definition as I said I know what it means. It was for your use not mine. Now you know what it means harmonise that with scripture. "Cursed is everyone who is hung on a tree." Gal 3:13. God is love. 1 John 4:8.

john. :cool:

9. OCC

OCC Guest

John...you seem to think I didn't know what it meant. :( I said this on the other thread. Sin was cursed on the tree...not Jesus. God would be a schizophrenic if you are correct.

10. johnp.

johnp. New Member

Yea getting a bit confusing
    i've just answered you on quick and dirty
    let's keep it in one place 'a'?

john.

11. OCC

OCC Guest

12. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian