1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured The fallen nature of Man

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by The Biblicist, Dec 6, 2012.

1. Winman

Winman Active Member

I was simply asking what you believed concerning Genesis 1. Do you believe in a young earth or an old earth?

See, I simply believe what scripture says. I believe it is clear that God made all creation in six literal days as we know them, an evening and a morning.

Some folks do not believe God created the world in six literal days for various reasons, but most notably because they believe the theories of modern "science" and believe the world was made in billions of years.

Which theory you believe is a matter of choice, because neither can be proved.

Believing is a choice, it is not magic.

2. Winman

Winman Active Member

I never said he was a Charismatic and you know it. You intentionally misrepresent me.

I said you cannot form doctrine from experience, that is what Charismatics do.

The scriptures do not say faith comes by being supernaturally regenerated as many falsely teach, the scriptures say faith comes by hearing the word of God.

Rom 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

If you really had faith in the word of God you would not go around telling people that you receive it by being regenerated, but you would say exactly what the scriptures say, that faith comes by hearing the word of God.

3. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So your implying that I am NOT regenerated...is that it? And is not the holy spirit the word of God?

#43 Earth Wind and Fire, Jan 9, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2013
  4. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

Wonderful testimony EWF. I thank you for sharing it. Reading your testimony I was reminded of something I read years ago.

W. T. Conner, a professor at the Southwestern Baptist Theological seminary early in the 20th century writes of election as follows [Christian Doctrine , page 155]:

“It [Election] means that God has decreed to bring certain ones, upon whom His heart has been eternally set, who are the objects of His eternal love, to faith in Jesus Christ as Saviour. When a man is saved he is not saved as a matter of chance or accident or fate; he is saved in pursuance of an eternal purpose of God. God saves man because He intends to. He saves a particular man, at a particular time, under a particular set of circumstances, because He intends to.”

5. Winman

Winman Active Member

I am saying you can't have faith in God and believe something contrary to scripture. Any such faith is a false faith.

If the world indeed was created in six literal days, then those who believe the world was created over long ages have a false faith. Do you understand that?

You say you were regenerated to have faith, the scriptures say faith comes by HEARING and hearing by the word of God. Paul asks simply HOW can any man believe on Jesus unless he has HEARD of him. Paul never mentions the need to be regenerated here or anywhere else in all of scripture to have the ability to believe. That is a MAN MADE doctrine.

You can believe that if you want, but it does not agree with any scripture. There is absolutely ZERO scripture that says man is regenerated to have the ability to believe. You cannot possibly show it from scripture.

If so, show it. But I know you won't, because you CAN'T.

6. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    ------------And Jehovah God layeth a charge on the man, saying,
    Gen 2:17 YLT and of the tree of knowledge of good and evil, thou dost not eat of it, for in the day of thine eating of it -- dying thou dost die.'

Ezek 18:4 YLT Lo, all the souls are Mine, As the soul of the father, So also the soul of the son -- they are Mine, The soul that is sinning -- it doth die.

Gen 3:4 YLT And the serpent saith unto the woman, `Dying, ye do not die,

Die, unqualitified as to physical or spiritual, just dead. Like an idol, no life.

Who has most of the world of faith believed? Jehovah God or the serpent?

What about you? Who do you believe? Scripture?

1 Cor 15:3 for I delivered to you first, what also I did receive, that Christ died for our sins, according to the Writings, (Scriptures)

The living soul Jesus of Nazareth, the seed of Abraham, the son of David the Son of God. --- Did he die? Unqualified. Just dead like an idol, no life.

Salvation is regeneration of a soul initiated by the resurrection of the soul, Jesus incorruptible from the dead.

1 Peter 1:3-5

BTW, I do not consider that to be false faith, just the word of God.

#46 percho, Jan 9, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2013
  7. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thank you brother Percho.now I CAN.

8. evangelist-7

evangelist-7 New Member

Is anyone paying attention?
    What he's missing is the fact that FAITH IS A GIFT FROM GOD!

9. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    unless the lord grants to sinners the ears to hear, hearts to beieve, they will remainspiritual dead to God and in their sins!

10. Winman

Winman Active Member

If faith is a gift, then why did Jesus marvel at the centurion's faith, and his fellow countrymen's unbelief?

Mat 8:8 The centurion answered and said, Lord, I am not worthy that thou shouldest come under my roof: but speak the word only, and my servant shall be healed.
    9 For I am a man under authority, having soldiers under me: and I say to this man, Go, and he goeth; and to another, Come, and he cometh; and to my servant, Do this, and he doeth it.
    10 When Jesus heard it, he marvelled, and said to them that followed, Verily I say unto you, I have not found so great faith, no, not in Israel.

Why would Jesus marvel at the centurion's great faith if faith is a gift? That is absolutely nonsensical. Did Jesus forget that he gave the centurion faith? Ridiculous.

Mar 6:5 And he could there do no mighty work, save that he laid his hands upon a few sick folk, and healed them.
    6 And he marvelled because of their unbelief. And he went round about the villages, teaching.

Why would Jesus marvel at his fellow countrymen's unbelief? Did Jesus forget that he had not gifted these people with faith?

Your view is refuted by scripture and shown to be ridiculous. Jesus would neither marvel at great faith or unbelief if faith is a gift given by God.

Total nonsense.

11. Winman

Winman Active Member

No intelligent person should EVER listen to you.

12. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Due to me proclaiming what the bible does?

13. evangelist-7

evangelist-7 New Member

Everyone was rejecting Jesus and His message.
    Then da centurian came along with his belief.
    Must have been quite a mind-boggling experience for the Lord!

Jesus was sent to God's people (da Jews) foist.
    Everyone was rejecting Jesus and His message.
    Must have been quite a mind-boggling experience for the Lord!

Gee, I have this terrible habit of repeatin' myself.

Note:
    Father God controlled who was given faith.
    Man had free will to accept or reject it.
    The precious Holy Spirit had not yet been poured out (to help convict the elect to accept).
    Jesus was only the evangelist bringing the message, and waiting for the results to manifest.

Thou hast a lot to think about.