1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Falling Away In 2 Thessalonians

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by antiaging, Jan 18, 2009.

1. antiaging

antiaging New Member

The true teachings of Christ and Christianity are found in the writings of the New Testament. [The King James version is the best translation of the original texts.]
    The reformation brought Christians back to the original teachings of the bible, after Rome had fallen away from the true Christian faith, for centuries.
    For a detailed analysis of how Roman catholic teachings contradict what the bible says, see the online book:
    Understanding Roman Catholicism
    http://www.chick.com/catalog/books/0160.asp

The author is a former Roman Catholic that got saved. He compares what the bible says to the Roman catholic catechism. ---they don't argree in several important places and also other places.

2. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

"Bait-and-switch" to proffer one's personal opinion and/or preference as fact very quickly gets old -

especially coming from one who calls himself antiaging. :rolleyes:

FTR, my Bible says "King James version" right on the flyleaf and on the spine.

The words "best translation" are not to be found written on that book anywhere, however.

Ed

#22 EdSutton, Jan 21, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2009
  3. Thinkingstuff

Thinkingstuff Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Ed is right it is a bait and switch. Two points I noted from samuel owen. the term Visible Church which implies a physical church which we can say that church teaches the fulness of truth. Which is why I pointed out the Orthodox and the Catholics. Then he mentioned the verse reflectst the apostacy of that visible church which then my logical conclusion would be the reformation.

As far as Jack Chick, though as a teenager I got a kick out of his comics, it has been proven that his resource is a fraud. Also he's a bit paranoid thinking the Catholics are far more competant at maintaining secrets throughout history than they really are. Most people consider this level of conspiracy theory to be a mental disorder. Though I'm speculating I wouldn't be suprised if he wore a tinfoil hat to keep the Vatican's mind probing microwaves at bay. Though at his age it would be considered alzheimers.

4. Heavenly Pilgrim

Heavenly Pilgrim New Member

HP: I agree, but looking at the proliferation of translations and the ways in which established dogma has directed the thoughts of many of them…. I would be one for etching it in stone on the outside front of the cover. :thumbs:

5. Heavenly Pilgrim

Heavenly Pilgrim New Member

HP: Is Rick Jones Jack Chick, or is what Rick Jones writes suspect merely do to guilt by association? Just asking as I do not know who Rick Jones is.

6. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

This is still an 'opinion' only, as I have noted multiple times before.

And why does the "established dogma" of the Church of England get a 'pass' from a Baptist?

Something doesn't quite add up, here.

Ed

7. Thinkingstuff

Thinkingstuff Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I don't want to derail the thread here. I'll just say that Chick.com is a Jack Chick Web site and that materials referrenced previously by him are incorrect. So I do not trust his sources. I have no idea who Rick Jones is either. But before I'll take him seriously I need better credibility.