1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The False Doctrine of the "Lady" of Fatima

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Scarlett O., Nov 3, 2016.

1. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I won’t try to explain away the events of Fatima as a mass delusion. I believe that the events happened pretty much as was stated by the three children and all of the eye witnesses.

But if one looks at the message from the “angel” and from “Mary”, the message is in direct and polar opposition to the gospel of Jesus Christ found in God’s Word.

Therefore, I believe the message is demonic and the event really happened, but the message came not from heaven, an angel, or Mary – but from the devil. The devil can and does have the capacity to produce a few signs and wonders and to masquerade as “light” and he does so to destroy the truth of God.

The message is two-fold:

[1] God and Jesus are unhappy with the sins of mankind. This part is TRUE! The devil is really adept at mixing the truth with lies – bending the truth – putting his spin on it and thereby deceiving the hearts of countless millions of people. He did it in the Bible over and over again. A little truth – a lot of lies.

[2] The way to salvation is through devotion to the Imaculate [sinless] Heart of Mary and through mankind sacrificing for others and through reparations. Herein lies the heresy and points AWAY from the atoning sacrifice of Jesus Christ. The Bible says - in Jesus' own words - is that no one comes to the Father but by him. The messengers at Fatima add a further step - that the only way to get to Jesus is through Mary, the rosary, and reparations/human works.

ALL of the following excerpts from the message from the "angel" and
    "Mary" are lies, heresy, and cannot be defended from the Word of God.
    These messages are in TOTAL opposition to the gospel of Jesus Christ
    as present by God, himself, in his Word. This message is the
    proverbial lie from the devil - the Father of lies - and I am burdened
    that my Catholic friends believe these lies.

• "Offer up everything in your power as a sacrifice to the Lord in reparation for the sins by which He is offended, and in supplication for the conversion of sinners . . . More than all else, accept and bear with resignation the sufferings that God may send you." (The “angel”) The sacrifice for sins has already been made and that was on the cross. We can make no such sacrifices or reparations for anyone.

• "The Hearts of Jesus and Mary have designs of mercy for you. Offer unceasingly to the Most High prayer and sacrifices." (The “angel”)

• "Pray the Rosary every day in honor of Our Lady of the Rosary to obtain peace in the world . . . for she alone can save it." ("Mary")

• "Jesus wishes to establish devotion to my Immaculate Heart in the world. I promise salvation to those who embrace it and their souls will be loved by God as flowers placed by me before His throne." ("Mary")

• "Sacrifice yourselves for sinners and say often whenever you make a sacrifice: 'O Jesus, it is for love of You, for the conversion of sinners, and in reparation for the offenses committed against the Immaculate Heart of Mary.' " ("Mary")

• "Pray much and make sacrifices for sinners, for many souls go to hell because there is no one to make sacrifices for them." ("Mary")

• "I will never leave you, my Immaculate Heart will be your refuge and the way that will lead you to God."("Mary")

• "Have pity on the Heart of your most Holy Mother. It is covered with thorns with which ungrateful men pierce it at every moment, and there is no one to remove them with an act of reparation." ("Mary")

• "Our Lady can no longer uphold the arm of Her Divine Son which will strike the world. If people amend their lives, Our Lord will even now save the world, but if they do not, punishment will come. " ("Mary")

• "My daughter, look at my Heart encircled with the thorns with which ungrateful men pierce it at every moment by their blasphemies and ingratitude. Do you at least try to console me and announce in my name that I promise to assist at the hour of death with the graces necessary for salvation all those who, on the first Saturday of five consecutive months, go to Confession and receive Holy Communion, recite the Rosary and keep me company for 15 minutes while meditating on the mysteries of the Rosary with the intention of making reparation to me." ("Mary")

• Like Like x 2
  2. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks for posting this

3. utilyan

utilyan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Gee I thought we Catholics and the Devil were already on the same side.

Why is it the devil is always attacking us, breaking in to our churches not yours, not the muslims, not Buddhist, not the baptists?

Fatima is not catholic doctrine. Private revelations.....Oh this guy went to hell then heaven and is alive again. This guy saw Jesus and Jesus said this and that. Is that all doctrine for you then?

If I can gather up all the testimonies and call everything Jesus said doctrine we'd have a field day.

4. JonShaff

JonShaff Fellow Servant
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Devil Blinds the minds of those who don't believe. the devil works on everyone outside of the Family of God to keep them outside the family of God.

5. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    You said that .... not me. I didn't claim that.

He doesn't have to break break into the Bhuddist temple or the Islamic mosque. He is already there.

He does attempt to infiltrate every church that claims Jesus Christ as Lord. His lies are in many, many churches. Some Baptist included.

Enlighten me then. Do Catholics not practice the principles taught by "Mary" in the Fatima doctrine?
    • reparations/penance
    • praying the rosary
    • reverencing of Mary and her Immaculate heart

What is the Catholic doctrine then? Don't countless millions embrace the teachings from Fatima?

6. utilyan

Site Supporter

The devil won't waste his time with you, nor a Muslim or a Buddhist.

You got one target only. Devil Worshippers target Eucharist to do black mass. Crackers and Juice doesn't work. We have literal lock and keys to get to bread. Which believe the bread is Christ. They need it so they can desecrate it.

We believe the bread and wine is 100% Jesus Christ. Which any other Christian denom would rightly call idolatry assuming they don't believe the bread and wine is Jesus. You would think hey devil worshipers would just applaud the issue since its just part of the problem. Instead they hate the catholic mass and have to desecrate it.

7. Adonia

Adonia Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Some Catholics embrace such things as you listed, and many don't. Such things are left to the individual person, they are not a requirement.

8. Adonia

Adonia Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Forget about Fatima. If we are idol worshippers, Fatima is small fry compared to how we view the Holy Eucharist. If we are wrong about that (the Eucharist), then there is no hope for us at all.

9. utilyan

Site Supporter

Do you practice principles taught by "Mary in the Fatima doctrine"?

Worshipping Jesus as Lord and Savior?

Fatima is not doctrine.

Reparations/penance, praying the rosary, even reverence of Mary is biblical.

Hebrews 12

5and you have forgotten the exhortation which is addressed to you as sons,
    “MY SON, DO NOT REGARD LIGHTLY THE DISCIPLINE OF THE LORD,
    NOR FAINT WHEN YOU ARE REPROVED BY HIM;
    6FOR THOSE WHOM THE LORD LOVES HE DISCIPLINES,
    AND HE SCOURGES EVERY SON WHOM HE RECEIVES.”
    7It is for discipline that you endure; God deals with you as with sons; for what son is there whom his father does not discipline? 8But if you are without discipline, of which all have become partakers, then you are illegitimate children and not sons. 9Furthermore, we had earthly fathers to discipline us, and we respected them; shall we not much rather be subject to the Father of spirits, and live? 10For they disciplined us for a short time as seemed best to them, but He disciplines us for our good, so that we may share His holiness. 11All discipline for the moment seems not to be joyful, but sorrowful; yet to those who have been trained by it, afterwards it yields the peaceful fruit of righteousness.

Luke 1

28And the angel came in unto her, and said, Hail, thou that art highly favoured, the Lord is with thee: blessed art thou among women.
    42And she spake out with a loud voice, and said, Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb.

10. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    How can we forget Fatima when you, yourself, said that "The only thing the Catholic Church says about Fatima is that as a private revelation it is worthy of belief. It is not doctrine or anything else, and no one is forced to believe it."

You appear to contradict yourself unless I am not understanding you.

If MY church were to say that something was worthy of "belief", then I would understand that to mean it is God's truth and is therefore doctrine.

You saw the video and the overwhelming number of people at the Fatima celebration.

So did the "Mary" apparition speak the truth or not? It can only be the true or false.

11. Adonia

Adonia Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Orthodoxy separates the many things that happen in this life as regards faith matters and the certain experiences of people when they tell us about them, apparently your faith tradition does not do this.