1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Fiddle Player says: God, Not Government, Helped Me Succeed, Mr. President

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by carpro, Jul 22, 2012.

1. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    http://cnsnews.com/blog/charlie-daniels/god-not-government-helped-me-succeed-mr-president

God, Not Government, Helped Me Succeed, Mr. President

By Charlie Daniels
    July 20, 2012

Mr. Obama,

You recently made a statement to the effect that, ”If you have a business you didn't build it, you had help," implying that the federal government helped build our businesses by virtue of paving roads and building bridges and keeping the nation safe from foreign invasion.

First of all, Mr. Obama, if I'm going to take advice about business it will not be from somebody who has had absolutely no business experience like yourself.

SNIP

Mr. Obama you have divided this nation by making the have-nots believe that anybody who has been successful has done so at their expense, that anything they've accumulated has been stolen, not earned. That hard work and risk had nothing to do with their success, because they’ve just been lucky and should give a big part of what they earn to the government to pass on to those who don't even try to be successful.

SNIP

My help cometh from the Lord who made Heaven and Earth - not the government who made debt and class envy.

2. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Even if it were true that the federal govenment helps business owners, the federal government was round long before Obama was President. The statement was a total falsehood and politics.

The fact is the government has nothing to do with economic growth. It is the small business owner who risks all in the free market that drives the economy, not a community organizer.

3. Robert Snow

Robert Snow New Member

God has allowed me the ablity to make a living. The business owner I work for has supplied the place and the opportunity. I am responsible for showing up, on time, and working the hours assigned.

Some things the government has supplied are appreciated as well, such as a military and police to offer protection. Some of the tax money I have paid has help build the roads and bridges as well as some other infrastructure.

The problem is that the intrusive government regulations stifle the owners business opportunity as well as hinder our ability to work efficiently. For instance, OSHA who monitors the safety requirements has overstepped any sibilance of common sense. It seem that an excessive amount of money is spent by my employer to supposedly make things safer. These requirements are overboard and actually make things worse that they would be without any OSHA requirements at all. During my more than three decades in the machine shop, I have worked for some small shops that were pretty much not involved with OSHA at all. Our productivity was greater and the injuries were pretty much not existent.

4. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

I believe that oppressive Federal Regulations, not taxes and wages, are the primary reason businesses move overseas. No one likes to work with someone looking over their shoulder. This is particularly true when it is the Federal Government.