1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Final Quest, by Rick Joyner

Discussion in 'Books & Publications Forum' started by Bobbi Jessica, Dec 21, 2015.

1. Bobbi Jessica

Bobbi Jessica Jesus loves the little children

This is one of my favorite reads as it pertains to Christianity and spiritual growth. It provided a lot of material to engage not only my creative thinking, but also to wonder and consider the spiritual aspect of life and what really goes on behind the scenes of everyday life when focused on living for Christ. It is an incredible allegorical tale that was given to Joyner in a series of visions about the Church of Christ and how it's dealing with the attacks from the enemy. It is so evocative and mentally intriguing, I couldn't put it down.

I read it for the first time in high school and recently have re-read it. It is so moving on a spiritual level, it's hard to describe. There are also many questions it stirs up. For one, to what degree or extent do we rely on visions of others as a source of guidance or inspiration? Even if it draws us closer to God? What things are truly important in our physical life here on Earth and how can we give more time and energy to these things?

Has anyone else read this book? I'm curious to know your thoughts and opinions. This was written quite some time ago and I have no read any of Joyner's other books so I cannot give any opinions about who he is today or what his personal convictions are, just that this book is a great catalyst for spiritual growth, in my opinion. :)
    http://www.amazon.com/dp/192937190X/?tag=baptis04-20