1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The First Baptists Online?

Discussion in 'Baptist History' started by Ben W, Jun 21, 2005.

1. Ben W

Ben W Active Member
    Site Supporter

The internet is certainley more popular these days than what it once was, do you recall what was the first Baptist or Christian ministry on the internet in the days prior to the Baptist Board? [​IMG]

2. mesly

mesly Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ben,

Although not Baptist, I remember logging into a BBS in Detroit, MI back in 1983 which was a Christian BBS (The Good News BBS). Later on in that decade, I was running my own Christian BBS which was part of a network called, Computers for Christ - consisted of about 50 computers throughout the USA. It wasn't on the internet, but rather we dialed directly between all of the systems to exhchange email.

Prior to 1983, I think CompuServe may have had a Christian forum.

3. Jimmy C

Jimmy C New Member

sbcnet had a forum on compuserve that I used to belong to - dont remember when exactly it went defunct - but there were many moderates who particiapted, the "conservative resurgent" types didnt seem to like it and had the board shut down