1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The fool has said in his heart there is no God

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Iconoclast, Jan 10, 2016.

1. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Our atheist friend now denies God answers prayer...here is his attempt to show this.

How would you address this error? Give specific responses. How would you answer this ?

2. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    And this is why April 1, is the religious holiday of atheists

3. beameup

beameup Member

Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest thou also be like unto him. Prov 26:4

4. Martin Marprelate

Martin Marprelate Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This is great fun!
    If a child asked its mother for a present or a sweet or whatever, the mother is going to say either yes, no or wait. Therefore the mother does not exist.
    If you ask your bank manager for a loan, he's going to say either yes, no or wait. Therefore the bank manager does not exist.
    If you ask your sweetheart to marry you, she's going to say either yes, no or wait. Therefore your sweetheart does not exist.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Yes....denial is at the heart of the unbelief.
    They attempt to deny God exists to deny He has any rights over them.
    This is why an evidentiary based method is not going to get the job done.

6. agedman

agedman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Doing this totally from memory.

The statement found in Psalms 14, "There is no God," is actually in the ancient, "No. NO! God!"

The repeated first word ("ayin") adds emphatic emphasis to the rejection of God, not only in His existence, but any light, leading, ...

There is not just the rejection of God, but all that is of God.

Such a person hates the light, and works to destroy the light.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Iconoclast

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Hello Agedman.
    So how have you gone about to deal with this kind of person.? If he came and sat by you in a restaurant and engaged you in conversation.......I know it depends on the persons responses, but do you have a certain idea what you want to have the discussion go to?

8. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    The a priori assumption is flawed. God is not limited to "yes" "no" and "wait." God often answers the prayer we should have prayed rather than the one we actually prayed.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    (This is not directed at T.C.)

GOD IS IMAGINARY?RoflmaoRoflmaoRoflmao... GOD DOES NOT ANSWER PRAYER?RoflmaoRoflmaoRoflmao... LOOK AROUND YOU FOOL... Do you think the jug full of milk got there by spontaneous combustionRoflmaoRoflmaoRoflmao... How about the cow that gave it?... Or the person that milked the cow that gave the milk did they also appear out of thin air?... If the milk jug had a brain it would tell you where it came from and the milk in it... And while you are pondering that FOOL!... TAKE A GOOD LOOK IN THE MIRROR!... GOD CREATED IT ALL... EVEN FOOLS... AND THAT IS THE BIGGEST LAUGH OF ALLRoflmaoRoflmaoRoflmaoRoflmaoRoflmaoRoflmaoRoflmao... Brother Glen

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. preachinjesus

preachinjesus Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Its always interesting to me that atheists will spend countless hours thinking about, creating, and editing a video to tell Christians, or theists in general, they, believers, are wrong and they are stupid.

What an odd way to support your belief system.

The amount of flaws in the video aside, "scientific" studies are not as conclusive as the editor purports, the representation of Christianity is, as usual, incorrect.

Its just odd that some atheists feel the need to do this.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    atheist2.jpg

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    (This again is not directed at T.C. but at the picture he posted)

We are fishers of men and you are not (de bait) we want use to catch de fish... Brother Glen

13. agedman

agedman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Decades ago, I would engage the person in attempting to persuade.

However, I came to understand that such are called dogs and swine by the Lord, and after initial exchange, I generally change the topic so as not to present myself as contrary. In that way, I attempt to (as best as my non-compliance will allow) am at least being peaceable or presenting myself as approachable should the future permit.

• Useful Useful x 1
  14. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    An effective prayer helps us deal with an issue. Should we ask God to solve our problem, say the impending death of every one of us? Of course not, but we are to pray "in the will of God." And how do we know what that is? We can say God is good, and it would be good for me to win the Lotto, so that is in the will of God. But, God could be good, and not desire that you or I win. All these "please God, intervene and do me a little miracle" prayers may not be in accord with the will of God. We are to pray and depend on God, but that dependence should not require God's action to have a good result. We are not children pulling the God lever in the sky and hoping to hit the jackpot.

When you ask God for His help, where would we find it? Where would we find God's will in the case of illness. God's word? Did Paul not come to the realization that God's grace was sufficient, and no other "miracle" was needed.

Christian.com might say this or that, but God's word does not say it. Read again what we are to pray every day, it is full of actions for us to take such that God's will works in our lives. May God bless

• Agree Agree x 1