1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The foolish virgins will be flown out into the desert???

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by xdisciplex, May 30, 2006.

1. music4Him

music4Him New Member

Hey you and me both brother! :wavey:

2. J. Jump

J. Jump New Member

I think a great truth was shared by Dave in that if you are a Christian you want to be one of those five wise virgins and certainly not one of the 5 foolish virgins regardless of anything else.

But don't let us be satisfied with the milk, but we certainly need to drink the milk and have it digest before we move on to something else. Great point.

Jews in the dispensation of the church are in the same boat as all other non-Jews. They must come to Jesus as Savior. If they do then they are no longer Jews, but part of the one new man in Christ that is neither Jew nor Gentile.

So I don't think the five foolish can represent Jews because thoes five are saved and the Jews as a whole are not all saved at this time. And the five prepared can not represent the church, because all Christians are not prepared to meet the bridegroom.

3. Hope of Glory

Hope of Glory New Member

Also, Israel is the bride of Jehovah, so cannot be part of the bride of Christ.

4. tamborine lady

tamborine lady Active Member

Vigins and "Woman"

:type:

The way I see it, the virgins of Matthew 25 and the "Woman" of Rev 12 are not the same.

The 5 foolish virgins do not get to go in because the bridegroom said I never knew you.

The "woman" in Rev 12 is the church and the child she birthed is the remnant that comes out of the church. Remnant does not mean Jews that are saved, it is all that follow the"straight gate and narrow way" and there very few of them, reletively speaking.

Peace,

Tam:saint:

5. J. Jump

J. Jump New Member

They don't get to go in where?

6. Dave

Dave Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    They don't get to go in to the wedding feast (aka "Marriage Supper of the Lamb"). The groom came and they were not ready, so they were shut out of the feast (and he said "I know you not")

7. J. Jump

J. Jump New Member

Right they don't get to enter the marriage feast. We even have a parable of where one of them tried to get in without the proper garments.

So they are saved individuals they just don't get to take part in the wedding.

8. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    It is total nonsense!

The foolish virgins of Matt 25 - do not join with Christ and are shut out! Lost! No oil - no Holy Spirit - no salvation.

The woman of Rev 12 "gives birth to Christ" and is then persecuted. This is the PURE church of ALL ages the one pre-cross that anticipates Christ and the one post-cross that was persecuted.

Much more Biblically sound to "read the Bible" first.

In Christ,

Bob