1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured The Fuss Over The Name of Jesus

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by DrJamesAch, Jun 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pastor_Bob

Pastor_Bob Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I sympathize with you, Brother. However, I moderate just one forum and it is for Baptists and non-Baptists alike. You'll have to make your appeal to the Moderators in the forums in which you feel there has been a violation.

2. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

everyday is celebrating Yeshua's Resurrection--and im thankful for his birth also--But his resurrection is to be celebrated over his birth-everyday.

If you put up that tree and decorate it with ornaments you are doing what Yah commanded you not to do in the OT--that is pagan practice with reference to the false god called Santa Claus--and you are bowing down to that pagan god when you kneel down at that tree for the presents.

3. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

why am I not a Baptist ????

Do I need to be JUST like you to be one ????

There are a lot of Baptists out there with some different aspects than you ???

4. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

all the excuses to avoid it are vain---the angel said unto mary--his name shall be called Yeshua

5. Pastor_Bob

Pastor_Bob Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    You are NOT a Baptist just because you SAY you're a Baptist. A Baptist is more than just a name, it is a set of beliefs that can be traced back to the Apostle's doctrine.

Only if you want to be a GOOD Baptist! :saint:

I'm sorry, I'm not sure what you're asking here.

6. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

Originally Posted by Steadfast Fred View Post
    Amen! I have to ask at this point, how much longer do we have to put up with reading the defiled posts that HW is putting in the Baptist Only section. It is clear from his beliefs that he is not Baptist.

And its very clear that all the mockery and other things that goes on on these threads are against Rules--so Ban me if you will--but don't forget to ban all them that break the Rules over and over again.

7. Steadfast Fred

Steadfast Fred Active Member

We're not the ones claiming to be baptist and the posting everything that isn't Baptist.

Tell ya what, HW, why don't you prove to us you are Baptist? Start posting in line with the Baptist Faith and Message instead of those doctrines that line up with SDA, WWCOG, SNM, HRM, & other cultic movements.

8. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

is the Baptists 100% correct in ALL their doctrine and beliefs ???????

9. Steadfast Fred

Steadfast Fred Active Member

More evasive tactics, i see

Well, at least you are consistent.

At the rate you are going, you'll make a great politician.

They also tell the people what they want to hear until theyget put in position. Yhen they use evasive tactics for the remainder of their term.

#29 Steadfast Fred, Jun 29, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2013
  10. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

No evasive tactics at all---your just too scared to answer the question--because any answer you post will get you in a pickle :tongue3::tongue3:

11. DrJamesAch

DrJamesAch New Member

You answer my question first, why are you spelling His name backwards? If I answer the question, you won't be able to read it :)

#31 DrJamesAch, Jun 29, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2013
  12. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

well according to you im spelling his name backwards--so you please correct me and show the correct spelling please if you think so :thumbs::thumbs:

13. DrJamesAch

DrJamesAch New Member

I though you knew that in Hebrew, we write from right to left instead of left to right like you do in English.

14. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

please correct me if you think im wrong :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

15. DrJamesAch

DrJamesAch New Member

Only if you admit that all these threads you've been attempting to correct people on regarding the name of Jesus are wrong :) Other than that, just keep spelling it backwards.

16. Oldtimer

Oldtimer New Member

Your own words put you to shame. You use the English name of the woman who gave birth to our Saviour. You use English vowels and letters instead of Hebrew, itself, to proclaim your version of His name.

If you expect me (and others) to use His Hebrew name, why don't you do that yourself, without adding English factors that you've deemed to be correct? And, labeling both scripture and other's opinions as "excuses".

And, for the record:

My Saviour is the Lord Jesus Christ who was nailed to a CROSS, died for my sins, and arose. When He calls me home, I'll praise His name in the language spoken in Heaven. Possibly the language spoken in Eden before sin came into this world.

17. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

**looking around** I thought we were in the United States of America where the majority of people speak English. That's all *I* speak. Hmmm....

18. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

Yeshua is his name

19. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Can you show me the verse - in context? I bet it doesn't say what you think it says.

20. HisWitness

HisWitness New Member

very funny its just as easy to say Yeshua as it is jesus---you all don't want to admit it--and the Hebrew meaning of Yeshua carries MUCH more weight in meaning than the English name jesus.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.