1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Galatians fight back

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by Ben Elohim, Feb 24, 2005.

1. ILUVLIGHT

ILUVLIGHT Guest

Hi Hardsheller;
    Southern Baptist believe they can be saved,or regenerated with out faith. Which isn't scriptural. I guess no one has a perfect doctrine.
    May Christ Shine His Light On Us all;
    Mike [​IMG]

2. Hardsheller

Hardsheller Active Member
    Site Supporter

Southern Baptist believe they can be saved,or regenerated with out faith. Which isn't scriptural. I guess no one has a perfect doctrine.
    Mike [​IMG]
    </font>[/QUOTE]Where did you get that erroneous idea?

3. ILUVLIGHT

ILUVLIGHT Guest

Hi Hardsheller;
    You mean you don't believe that you have to be regenerated first in order to have faith?
    Mike [​IMG]

4. Hardsheller

Site Supporter

This is the Statement you wrote.

"Southern Baptist believe they can be saved,or regenerated without faith. Which isn't scriptural. I guess no one has a perfect doctrine."

That is an erroneous statement. Southern Baptists do not believe anyone can be saved without faith.

5. Hardsheller

Site Supporter

Here is what Southern Baptists say in their 2000 Baptist Faith and Message statement under the article entitled Salvation:

Salvation involves the redemption of the whole man, and is offered freely to all who accept Jesus Christ as Lord and Saviour, who by His own blood obtained eternal redemption for the believer. In its broadest sense salvation includes regeneration, justification, sanctification, and glorification. There is no salvation apart from personal faith in Jesus Christ as Lord.

6. ILUVLIGHT

ILUVLIGHT Guest

Hi Hardsheller;
    Praise God! Then you don't believe that in order for man to believe he has to be regenerated first. There must be more than one type of Southern Baptist.
    Mike [​IMG]

7. Hardsheller

Site Supporter

Maybe you need to continue your education before you jump to conclusions.

The rest of that article on Salvation follows:

A. Regeneration, or the new birth, is a work of God's grace whereby believers become new creatures in Christ Jesus. It is a change of heart wrought by the Holy Spirit through conviction of sin, to which the sinner responds in repentance toward God and faith in the Lord Jesus Christ. Repentance and faith are inseparable experiences of grace.

Repentance is a genuine turning from sin toward God. Faith is the acceptance of Jesus Christ and commitment of the entire personality to Him as Lord and Saviour.

B. Justification is God's gracious and full acquittal upon principles of His righteousness of all sinners who repent and believe in Christ. Justification brings the believer unto a relationship of peace and favor with God.

C. Sanctification is the experience, beginning in regeneration, by which the believer is set apart to God's purposes, and is enabled to progress toward moral and spiritual maturity through the presence and power of the Holy Spirit dwelling in him. Growth in grace should continue throughout the regenerate person's life.

D. Glorification is the culmination of salvation and is the final blessed and abiding state of the redeemed.

8. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

This is unfortunately all too typical of Mike's continued approach. He has yet again confused regeneration and salvation. He has been told countless times that to believe regeneration precedes faith is not the same as saying that one can be saved without faith.

Mike, Why won't you learn? Why not be honest about what other people believe? Do you fear that you can't refute it successfully if you talk about what they actually believe? It is time for you to change this habit of yours.

9. ILUVLIGHT

ILUVLIGHT Guest

Hi Hardsheller;
    Jump to conclusions about "regeneration", being born again, saved. I find it amazing that you would attempt to redefine "regeneration" as well. Regeneration is being restored to God This is being saved.
    Agrippa felt conviction;
    Act 26:28 Then Agrippa said unto Paul, Almost thou persuadest me to be a Christian.
    He must have felt conviction but yet he wasn't saved. sort of blows your ideas out of the water when you say man is regenerated first so that he can believe. Unless of course you say Agrippa was regenerated and was lost because he failed accept Christ. The paragraph above in quote is pure nonsense and is not scriptural.
    No one is restored with out faith No one has Grace unless it is through faith Eph 2:8.
    It is we who first trust Christ.
    Eph 1:12 That we should be to the praise of his glory, who first trusted in Christ.
    Calvinism view of Salvation is not scriptural.
    Mike [​IMG]

10. rc

rc New Member

NO ONE SEEKS AFTER GOD, NO NOT ONE.

11. ILUVLIGHT

ILUVLIGHT Guest

rc;
    that's so funny [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

12. Hardsheller

Site Supporter

Jump to conclusions about "regeneration", being born again, saved. I find it amazing that you would attempt to redefine "regeneration" as well. Regeneration is being restored to God This is being saved.
    Agrippa felt conviction;
    Act 26:28 Then Agrippa said unto Paul, Almost thou persuadest me to be a Christian.
    He must have felt conviction but yet he wasn't saved. sort of blows your ideas out of the water when you say man is regenerated first so that he can believe. Unless of course you say Agrippa was regenerated and was lost because he failed accept Christ. The paragraph above in quote is pure nonsense and is not scriptural.
    No one is restored with out faith No one has Grace unless it is through faith Eph 2:8.
    It is we who first trust Christ.
    Eph 1:12 That we should be to the praise of his glory, who first trusted in Christ.
    Calvinism view of Salvation is not scriptural.
    Mike [​IMG]
    </font>[/QUOTE]I'm merely point out to you what Southern Baptists say they believe about Salvation.

Where'd you get this idea that I'm trying to redefine regeneration?

13. TC

TC Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Romans 3:11 is funny? Since when? Paul wrote what the Holy Spirit inspired him to write - you just need to believe it.

14. rc

rc New Member

That's the beauty about taking scripture lightly and spouting off like they do TC.... they don't have to take scripture seriously or rebukes...because scripture can't interperet itself or need learned teachers to properly explain weighty doctrine.

Hey Brother TC ! Ever get a chance to come to Minneapolis and see the best preacher in the nation John Piper? ... It's worth the drive! People are driving 3 hours one way to hear him.

15. ILUVLIGHT

ILUVLIGHT Guest

Hi TC;
    It your interpretation that's funny smells of man made doctrine to me
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

16. ILUVLIGHT

ILUVLIGHT Guest

rc;
    You should know huh !
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

17. TC

TC Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, I have not been down yet to hear him. Perhaps I will make it there this spring or summer. However, I do have at least one of his books in my personal library along with some books by Spurgeon.

18. TC

TC Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It your interpretation that's funny smells of man made doctrine to me
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    </font>[/QUOTE]So, my Bible is man made doctrine and smells funny? Much learning doth make thee mad. :D
    Especially since I did not give my interpretation, but just gave the book, chapter, and verse number.

19. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

Keep it on topic and off people ...

20. ILUVLIGHT

ILUVLIGHT Guest

Hi Hardsheller;
    Salvation is conditional and you've place the cart before the horse. Being saved is Salvation Being saved is regeneration. No where in scripture is Grace applied unless it is through faith. Calvinism's Idea of regeneration before faith is false. If we are renewed to God with out faith and with out choice then God has no love for man and man can't have love for Him.
    If man is regenerated before, or in order to have faith, then he is saved with out faith.
    You claim man is regenerated first so that he can believe.
    What is erroneous is this false doctrine that you can not prove with scripture.
    Calvinism has taken a term that means saved and turned it into an impossibility. The grace we need for regeneration is not applied unless it is through faith...
    Mike [​IMG]