1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Gap Theory of Genesis

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by worddigger, May 12, 2010.

1. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Here is one of the many Scriptures which PROVE the existence of the Holy Trinity. I have used the KJV for the benefit of the KJVOs who erroneously don't believe any other version.

Luke 3: 21Now when all the people were baptized, it came to pass, that Jesus also being baptized, and praying, the heaven was opened,22And the Holy Ghost descended in a bodily shape like a dove upon him, and a voice came from heaven, which said, Thou art my beloved Son; in thee I am well pleased.

John 4:24God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

Luke 23:46And when Jesus had cried with a loud voice, he said, Father, into thy hands I commend my spirit: and having said thus, he gave up the ghost.

Three separate, distinct Personages of the Godhead.

Three distinct Spirits, proven by SCRIPTURE. (The HOLY SPIRIT is a Spirit by His very name!)

Thus saith the WORDA GOD. All the arguments against the Trinity fail in lighta these and many other Scriptures.

Now, that's all I'm gonna say in this thread about the Trinity.

MEANWHILE, BACK AT THE RANCH...

The argument that 'cavemen', past epochs, etc. aren't mentioned in Scripture must fail in this light: the nation of India, which contains 1/6 of the world's population, isn't mentioned in Scripture, either. But I hardly believe anyone will argue it doesn't exist, & has existed for a long time. The argument that India is covered in Scripture by its saying God made everything must also collapse in lighta the fact that if God made India He also made the prehistoric past and preserved a huge amounta TANGIBLE, EMPIRICAL EVIDENCE for its existence.

No, speaking of past ages, epochs, etc. does NOT contradict Scripture any more than speaking of India or last night's ball scores do. It's simply a fact that Scripture is silent about, same as it is about India or last night's ball scores.