1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The God of THIS world

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Darren, May 11, 2008.

1. Darren

Darren New Member

(World as in- dimension of time and space.)

The world we live in. Guess what. I'm pretty dog gone sure God's here to. But not only that, but I really don't see any reason for the creation of a spiritual world or a God world (a world which only God occupies).

Heaven is separate from earth, there is not enough space on earth for heaven. But look up, what do you see? SPACE! Unnending SPACE! The Bible itself even alledges that the universe has no end. Why can't heaven be in this dimension? There is certainly enough room. So what if we can't see it. In terms of God, us seeing or not seeing with our physical eyes is usually a moot point. What if heaven really is "above" us?

So far as I know, the idea of a spiritual world is actually a pagan idea, often refered to as the "nether" world. Might I propose, there is no such thing?

Also, the idea that there is a God world, also sounds like a pagan idea, and I see no real support for it in scripture.

I've had people, when I say God is not in a separate world, accuse me of calling God equal to us, stealing honor from Him. I'll refute this up front. I exist in the same world as bunnies, yet, guess what, last time I checked, I wasn't a bunny. Also, last time I checked, God is not God of the fairy world... but then again the fairy world DOESN'T EXIST, so what difference does it make? Does God have to rule a fantasy land to be God? That's not an arguement that an adult puts forward.

It is an interesting idea that there could be a parallel universe, but I'd like to acknowledge that it is simply that, an idea. There is no evidence of a parallel existence, there is only evidence of a God and creatures that we can't see occupying THIS existence. (And yes, there is plenty of evidence that these creatures -demons and angels- exist, but only that they exist here.)

But this flies in the face of much modern Christian writing and theory, why?

2. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why can't God and heaven be in a "higher plane of existence"?

3. Darren

Darren New Member

Okay, I'll admit this much. There's no reason it CAN'T be so.

However, there's also no reason it needs to be so, and there's no case for it in scripture. Are not the Heavens in the heavens? Is our God not with us? Do we ourselves not have spirits, yet not exist in a spiritual world? -That last one is a clincher I think.-

4. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    The bible seldom mentions "dimensions" and gives us no reason at all to suspect that Heaven is not a real place out there.

In fact in Rev 21 we see the "New Jerusalem coming down out of heaven" to earth.

It is a real place.

5. Darren

Darren New Member

Hit the nail on the head. To place things in separate dimensions makes them seem so separate from this reality... or rather, seem separate from reality at all. When I was nieve enough to think Heaven was in a cloud, it seemed so real, but when I was taught it wasn't even in this universe... it started to seem so fake. (No, heaven is not in a cloud, read my first post and bear with me.)

I suppose there is an urge to keep science out of this though. If it is a separate world we are helpless to observe or theorize about it. But if it is here, then inevitably the question is, why can't we see it.

I propose there are many easy explanations for something being invisible to us. How many here realize just how limited our senses are?:wavey: In fact, it would surprise me very much, very much indeed, if nothing existed that we cannot perseeve. Only fools believe in only what they see!