1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The GodMen

Discussion in '2006 Archive' started by JFox1, Oct 31, 2006.

1. JFox1

JFox1 New Member

There is a new Christian movement for men called "GodMen." It has been described as Promise Keepers on crack. Only laymen may speak at these meetings and women are not allowed. They complain that the church is too feminized. They speak very frankly about sex and other issues.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15488905/site/newsweek/

2. JamieinNH

JamieinNH New Member

3. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Did you happen to notice that the speaker used profanity?

I took the profanity out, but if you read the article it is there as plain as day. I highlighted a section in "red" that also concerns me because it is nothing but foul slang. This is a clear violation of Ephesians 5....

Therefore this group is nothing but a church/ministry gone astray, trying to "win souls" and "disciple" using carnal, sinful methods. I would stay as far away from this kind of spiritual, moral compromise as I could. What does Scripture say? Do not be partakers with those who are immoral, are greedy, or use silly talk and coarse jesting. Stay away from this group...that my advice.

4. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not interested. Thank you.:tongue3:

5. JFox1

JFox1 New Member

If I were a guy, I would avoid this group. They seem to be using unScriptural methods to attact men who have complaints about church. Maybe these so-called macho guys would attend church if beer and profanity were offered. :rolleyes: