1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Goldwater Girl is in!

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by ASLANSPAL, Jan 20, 2007.

1. ASLANSPAL

ASLANSPAL New Member

Christian sister Hillary Clinton is now in the race for President:smilewinkgrin:

[​IMG]

2. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Good for her.

Now, may she be soundly thrashed in the Democrat primaries.

3. The Galatian

The Galatian New Member

The balance has tipped, but not that far.

4. FBCPastorsWife

FBCPastorsWife New Member

The transformation has already begun...

[​IMG]

5. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    That's a good one, FBCPastorsWife. :laugh:

6. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

Sadly, it's a bit of an improvement.

I don't think she's electable (read it: "I hope not").

7. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Lots can happen in two years, but dont make fun of the possibility of her election. If the republicans nominate another dufus, all it would take would be for Hillary to carry all the Kerry states plus one more, say Ohio. It is really terrifying to think about.

8. The Galatian

The Galatian New Member

Don't look now, but the Doofi are in control of the GOP.

I'd say a genuine conservative won't have a snowball's chance in Hades this time around.

9. Bro. James Reed

Bro. James Reed New Member

Doofi? I like that.

I think we've learned what it is like having two people from the same family in office.

Let's face it, had GW Bush not been his father's son, he never would have been elected. If Hillary was not married to Bill, she would not be a Senator, nor would her's be a name anyone would know.

If she is elected, it will be on the coat tails of her sometimes-partner.

I hope, for the sake of this country, people are smart enough to elect someone at least partially good this time around.

Tom Tancredo, Ron Paul, others like them would be great to have in the White House. Hillary? No way.

10. johnk48

johnk48 New Member

How about Hillary as the U.S. President and Billy Boy as Secretary General of the U.N.? Doesn't that concept make your innerds squirm! Might be something prophetic it that lineup.
    As I watched the votes piling up for Billy in 92 I told my wife, "Something evil this way commeth." That America could elect such an evil critter made me pay more attention to politics. I believe Hillary is worse than Billy and a lot slicker and if she does get elected then I believe Satan will have won a battle. If she is elected it will be because of the moral confusion of too much of the Church. We have the power to put good people into office and shame on the Church in America for allowing the opposite to happen. I've been on a few other Christian boards and if they are a correct sampling of the Church in America then the Church is way too confused to help with anything.
    Is it just me or does messed up doctrine ( liberal churches breed liberal christians or vice versa ) cause moral confusion in the Church which in turn causes support for the enemies of the Church? The way I see it, there aren't many, if any at all, in the Dem leadership that could not be called enemies of the Gospel, and this plague seems to be spreading in the Rep party as well. If it keeps it up, America could become the Babylon of Rev.

#10 johnk48, Jan 21, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2007
  11. Terry_Herrington

Terry_Herrington New Member

Sound's pretty good to me!

12. Bro. James Reed

To make use of Daisy-type sarcasm:

[sarcasm on]And Sheila Jackson Lee as Vice President!

Oh, what a wonderful day that would be!:love2:[sarcasm off]

Thanks Daisy.:smilewinkgrin:

13. The Galatian

The Galatian New Member

Bill Clinton would be a formidable envoy to the UN. His prestige with foreign leaders is even higher than his popularity in the US. And matching wits with him would be no easy undertaking.

Not good enough to make me vote for Hillary, though.

14. TomVols

TomVols New Member

Clinton's intellectual grasp of foreign policy would make him a good UN Gen Sec, but given his popularity numbers, it wouldn't take much for him to have higher popularity internationally than at home:laugh:

I respect Hillary for not backing down from why she voted for the Iraq war. She has maintained that, given what she knew when she knew it, she voted accordingly. Her honesty and integrity with this is rare among the Dems.

I hope she will not receive votes just because she seems to be a viable woman, and I hope she will not automatically be rejected by some just because she's a woman. She should stand up to the scrutiny any candidate must go through. Of course, what will probably happen in the end is this miserable game of "is she electable or not."

Chris Matthews has already floated Gore's potential entry as the "white male" candidate (his words) for the Dems, if Gore can find support late this year and if Obama, Clinton, or Edwards don't emerge as a decided front-runner. Matthews even floated the notion that some in the Gore camp claim that there is talk of Gore getting in if he can "pay-back" the Clintons for his feeling that the Clintons dragged him down in 2000 and cost him the election (a feeling I don't share).

Still, we all knew Hillary would run, and now that it's official, let the games begin.

By the way, is it always election season now? :tongue3:

15. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Take it a step further, if Ronald Reagan had picked Ford as his Vice President, neither Bush would have ever been elected.

16. Bro. James Reed

That might be true, but GHW Bush did have a career and was fairly well known prior to being Reagan's VP. His 1980 campaign for President made him more well known, so I don't doubt that he could have come back in 1988 and won. I seriously doubt that Ford would have run again after 8 years as Reagan's VP, or could win the GOP nomination even if he did run.

Other than being owner of the Texas Rangers, GW Bush had no other accomplishments to speak of prior to being elected Governor. Had his name not been Bush, he would not have had near the publicity and political support from the media and the old men's club.

Sr. has had so much more success in his life (aside from losing a second term as Prez), especially up to the point of being elected President.

17. Baptist in Richmond

Baptist in Richmond Active Member

I am not sure about this: who in the GOP could face her?

Regards, hope all is well,
    BiR

18. Baptist in Richmond

Baptist in Richmond Active Member

That is an interesting thought. I was always told that, by picking George H. W. Bush as his running mate, he united the GOP at the convention in 1980.

God's Blessings to you and yours,
    BiR

19. Enoch

Enoch New Member

:laugh:

Hiliar doesn’t stand a chance. I can’t wait to see the fight within the Democratic party in the primaries. Should be a jolly good show! ;)

20. The Galatian

The Galatian New Member

The last American approval ratings on Clinton, just before the last presidential election, show that he would have beaten Bush or Kerry handily. His current approval ratings by Americans are...

Sixty-six percent.
    http://www.pollingreport.com/clinton-.htm

His end-of-term rating was 65%, just ahead of Reagan's (2nd place) at 64%. Not too shabby. But the rest of the world has even more respect for him. In his administration, the US used military and diplomatic power to end wars, and stop killings. For that, he is highly regarded.