1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The GOP Is Dying Because The Liberty Movement Is Thriving

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by poncho, Dec 6, 2012.

1. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Since you choose not to even consider working within the two party system to effect change, then you have no basis to complain.

2. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

I feel I have more basis to complain than you after all it's you who keep voting for the people who keep creating the problems. I'm sure they are very grateful for your continued support too.

After all of people who vote, I'd estimate 98% of them vote for Democrats or Republicans, and it's the Democrats and Republicans who have been creating the problems that have been stacking up for the last 80 years. I don't see how you have a right to complain about the problems, if you keep voting for the people who create the problems.

Congress currently has a dismal 10% approval rating but an 80% reelection rating. What does that tell you? We elect people to Congress, they create problems, we complain about the problems, then we reelect them. Are we expecting change? People who don't vote at all have more right to complain about the problems than the people who vote for them again and again.

I don't want inflation, one war after another that kills young Americans, bailouts of Washington's Wall Street cronies, an unsustainable Social Security system, huge wasteful bureaucracies, our freedoms taken away, or politicians who ignore the Constitution. Unfortunately, you do.

You don't?

Then why do you keep voting for them? It's the Democrats and Republicans who are creating all these problems. They've been doing it for decades, and you keep voting for them.

And you tell me I have no basis to complain?

As long as the RINOs who have a stranglehold on the party — and they're creating as many problems in this country as the Democrats are. Know you'll vote for them, even though you don't like them or what they're doing, you're giving them zero incentive to change. You and a bunch of others who consider yourselves conservatives repeatedly tell them, with every election, you'll vote for them, no matter what.

The Republican hierarchy claims we shouldn't try to start a third party. We should work to change the party from inside. But they have already shown they will thwart change at every turn. The truth is, as long as we pursue the elusive chimera called "working from inside," nothing is going to change. After decades of the party inching relentlessly left, the only thing that will stop them is to send them a clear message by not supporting them anymore. I'm crazy enough to believe if enough of us do it, and if they want us back badly enough, they'll have to do the work to undo the changes they've made. [1]

#22 poncho, Dec 8, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 8, 2012
  3. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

Many vote Republican because they believe a vote for a third party is a wasted vote. A wasted vote cast for the perfect at the expense of the better benefits the worst.

Presently, there is not enough popular support to make third-party conservative candidates contenders for federal-level offices. Like it or not, this is why there are no other major third parties presently.

...And this type of reasoning is responsible to some small extent why Barak Obama has another term.

#23 Arbo, Dec 8, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 8, 2012
  4. drfuss

drfuss New Member

I think the republican party will be declining over the next decade. The reason I say that is because of the so called social issues. Let's face it, most voters are not grounded in scripture and have no objection to the homo-sexual agenda or abortion for convience.

I suspect the republican party will eventually adopt the same position as the democrates on the so called social issues, since most voters will be favor of the current democratic social values. When that happens, many Christians in the republican party, will vote for a third party or may go back to the democratic party. Other than the social issues, the republican party is no better than the domocratic party in the eyes of many Christians.

THe above is the reason the republican will not be effective in the national elections for the next 10 or 20 years.

5. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

This has been addressed already.

"As long as the RINOs who have a stranglehold on the party — and they're creating as many problems in this country as the Democrats are know you'll vote for them, even though you don't like them or what they're doing, you're giving them zero incentive to change. You and a bunch of others who consider yourselves conservatives repeatedly tell them, with every election, you'll vote for them, no matter what."

In other words . . .

The republicans are counting on you being so afraid of a democrat being elected that you'll vote for a republican no matter what. So they have zero incentive to change.

You say you want change in the republican party but are unwilling to show the RINOs you mean business.The bible says spare the rod and spoil the child. I don't know if you have kids but if you did would keep rewarding them for being bad? Of course you wouldn't. But that's exactly what we keep doing with the republican party. No matter how bad it gets we keep rewarding it.

How can we expect change if we keep doing the same thing over and over?

#25 poncho, Dec 9, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 9, 2012