1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The GOP's rude awakening on health-care repeal

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Crabtownboy, Jan 21, 2011.

1. targus

targus New Member

You thinking that you remember it - and being able to provide the evidence are two different things.

Until you do it's still a hypothetical.

How am I supposed to answer a hypothetical?

You make my point.

I seriously doubt that the same system was not willing to spend $80 but would spend $250,000.

This tells me that the parents probably did not take their child to the dentist - let alone several dentists - and were not turned away.

BTW - your article doesn't say that the child was turned away. If he was turned away - why wasn't the point made in the article?

So I am supposed to have compassion for your hypothetical?

Why are you not compassionate about the fact that Obama healthscare doesn't include dental?

Where is your compassion?

Edited to add:

And if Curtis is right and this child was not taken to the dentist and it is really a case of child neglect - your compassion is misplaced and you are hurting rather than helping the situation because you should be fighting child neglect rather than pushing a health care system change.

Typical lib - forget facts - just respond to your emotions.

#41 targus, Jan 22, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2011
  2. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    This is the Bottom line -

It is not the job of the FEDERAL GOVERNMENT to provide health care!!!! (with the exception of military personnel and combat injured vets)

Now if a State wants to provide medical care either free or at a low cost - that is totally another story.

And consider this. Evidently Obamacare does not cover dental. but than again, I have not had time to read all 2,000 pages. (I should ask my recently defeated congressman)
    But where will it end. Will Obama care pay for seeing eye dogs - medical care for eye dogs and possibly dental? Will items such as band-aids be free? How about HBA items, such as soap - by staying clean you help your medical condition by increasing your chance of contacting germs that can make you sick. Will cond0ms be govt issued. Needles for drug users- Being cold in your home is bad for your health- so will more folks have their heating bill paid for by the govt?

This comes under the same heading as th commerce clause. The courts have broadly expanded the reasoning of the commerce clause as to cover virtually any commerce in this county, even if the product is produce, sold and consumed in only one State or Commonwealth.

WHERE WILL OBAMCARE END -
    IT WILL NOT - IT WILL CONTINUE TO GROW FOR DECADES - just like Social security.

Yes, Crabby, I do care about those who need help. And I propose that non-profit agy's and religious be allowed to do so - without these ridiculous government regulations.

3. rbell

rbell Active Member

Spot on.

Crabby will have no answer (at least no answer that's on-topic).

Since he's big on hypotheticals, here's one for you:

-Obamacare causes businesses to cut back, due to the onerous regulations.

-People will be without jobs thanks to the countless regulations/paperwork put upon us by Emporer Obamareidelosi.

-Those jobless folks will suffer, and become the case studies that Crabby will tell us about--yet somehow, it will be the Republicans' fault that these folks are sick.

Gotta love the double standards...

4. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

There is no such thing as free health care at any level of government. Someone has to pay for it and that is you and me.

5. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    True - so very true - but since they don't pay for the cab or the doctor - to them (the client) it is free.
    One day one of my Ride-to-work customers asked who paid for the service. I told her to look at her paycheck - she said they don't deduct this ride off my pay- I said yes they do, look under the line that say federal tax deductions -
    Her reply Ohhhhhhhhh
    Maybe there is hope for her

6. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

Here in is the problem. Most of America things there is a free ride. Now all you have to do is get the other 307,006,550 people into your cab and explain the facts. :laugh:

7. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Actually, I don't totally agree with you - because, its not just explaining the facts, since many do not work - thus no fed tax withheld, its getting them to change their attitude - partly because they were raised in welfare homes and do not know how to deal with capitalism.

8. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

Yes another failure of the church to lead the nation on the correct path. If you do not work you do not eat.

9. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    :thumbs: People say they are starving in this country - no so - they need to see what real starvation is like - then they might see things in a differen light

10. SpiritualMadMan

SpiritualMadMan New Member

Bumper Sticker I had made for this past election cycle:

"When You Tax Us To Suicide,
    Who'll pay your benefits then?
    Signed: The Middle Class"

The camel can only holdup so much before its back is broken!