1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The government no longer serves the people

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by poncho, Oct 22, 2006.

1. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

2. Pete

Pete New Member

As if any government anywhere ever served the people... :rolleyes: :laugh:

IF (very big if) you can find a good one, great, vote for them. When you can't find a good one (boy aren't I the cynical one) don't vote for any of them. (Of course even if voter turnout got down to 0.0000001% of the population, whichever candidate got 50% + 1 vote of that would still claim a mandate to speak for the electorate :rolleyes:)

3. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

The American people should dismantle the democratic and republican parties, and create two new parties that are concerned with the American people, instead of their self serving power and material gain. (commonly called a thief). Political parties are not mentioned in the Constitution, so this requries only the will of the people, not an amendment process.

When the American people get enough of the nonsense of the two present parties, then they will do something. When you have a choice of George Bush and John Kerry to lead this country, it is time for a change.

4. billwald

billwald New Member

The majority of the voters are either working for the govt or getting a check from the govt. The NEA plus the AARP can swing any election. Nothing is going to change. If you can't beat them, join them. The only decent jobs left for the working class are govt jobs.

5. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

Everybody wants to go to heaven, but no one wants to die.

Any solution that begins "people should..." deserve no attention. Solutions that begin, "You and I should..." are the only workable ones.

You and I should find candidates who understand public service as just that, and vote for them and only them. When none are running, you and I should not vote, and write editorials explaining why we are not voting this time.

Revolutions do not happen because "people should..." They happen because you and I do.[/i]

6. dispen4ever

dispen4ever New Member

You and I should understand that government is of, by, and for the people. The jerks in D.C. are supposed to be public servants, not "leaders." It is not their task to formulate a political agenda devoid of public consent. They are to be public servants, promoting the will of the people from each of the several states. And by the way, that is how Paul is to be interpreted. WE are they who are in authority! The so-called "government" in Washington, D.C. is instructed to obey us.

Paul was speaking to those of that era who were under the thumb (nay, the fist) of Rome. In the USA we have forfeited our right to govern by leaving it up to Congress without our input. Twenty million Christians failed to vote in 2004!!

Have you told your congressperson that he / she is a public servant? Have you suggested that he / she come home to hear the voice of the people? Have you shook your finger in the face of congressional candidates in your area and told them that WE are the government? Have you pressured them to tell you how they interpret their role in D.C.?

A do-nothing Congress did nothing this past session ~~ well, they did do something: nothing. Somewhere it is written that when a so-called government becomes oppressive it is the right of the people to remove it. How active have you been in assuring public servants understand that WE are the government? Like most, you probably say "ain't it awful" and "woe is us," then do nothing. Hello? :wavey: Anyone awake out there?

7. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

I prefer a "do nothing" Congress to one that does things that are detrimental to our liberty and system of checks & balances.

8. dispen4ever

dispen4ever New Member

You make my point! They make laws that are detrimental, have them endorsed by wacko courts like the one in California, and we sit on our hands.

9. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Congress doesn't make laws anymore they just pass the bills that are written by the moneymen for the moneymen.

#9 poncho, Oct 24, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2006