1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured The Grammar of 1 Jn. 5:1 is repetitive

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by The Biblicist, Mar 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Biblicist

The Biblicist Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Your writer made the cause versus effect argument and I underlined it and increased the size for you to read it. Read it!

First, in every instance the verb "born" (gennaƓ) is in the perfect tense, denoting an action that precedes the human actions of practicing righteousness, avoiding sin, loving, or believing.

Neither would I. I provided EVERY SINGLE TEXT in the epistle of first John where the perfect tense "gennao" is found and EVERY SINGLE TEXT provides the very exact same grammatical structure. Your writer admitted that in all previous instances the causal position of gennao MUST be acknowledge and gave arguments to sustain that admission - read it!

So, my position is not based merely on 1 Jn. 5:1 but on EVERY SINGLE TEXT within the whole book using the very same perfect tense verb "gennao". There is NOT ONE USAGE that contradicts my position - NOT ONE! So if you want to talk about "thin ice" you have NO ICE to differ with me on these uses at all. Your writer cannot find any ice to differ with my position in regard to ANY OF THESE USES. He must flee these uses which are plentiful and run out of the the epistle or to a text within the epistle that does not even use "gennao". You talk about thin ice! That is about as thin as it can get.

2. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

#82 The Biblicist, Mar 9, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 9, 2014
  3. Inspector Javert

Inspector Javert Active Member

4. Winman

Winman Active Member

I didn't think anybody read that. That is a true story. I was flat out in LOVE. :love2:

I moved soon after that, never saw her again, but a while back I was able to find her in her High School yearbook online. Oh my, she was beautiful in the third grade, but as a senior in High School she was absolutely gorgeous!

She will always be my first love. :love2:

http://www.baptistboard.com/showpost.php?p=2073507&postcount=193

#84 Winman, Mar 9, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 9, 2014
  5. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

Well, young heart aches are painful. I know I would not want to go through that part of my life again. However, I just celebrated 40 years with the love of my life and so I have no regrets only some hurtfulf memories.

6. Inspector Javert

Yeah...my first love wouldn't have anything to do with me either:

Actually, it was more her (very wise) father wouldn't let her have anything to do with me! :laugh:

He is a very wise man, and I respect him immensely.

Glad it didn't happen though, she wasn't really my type after all.:thumbsup:

But I loved her from the time I was 8 until I was 20.....
    I LITERALLY remember the very first time I saw her.....

My own mother was kicking me out of children's choir because I refused to sing the "alto" part because that was for girls....

That's the first time I saw her. :love2:
    I was getting kicked out of Church Children's Choir for refusing to sing "alto"............
    by my own mother.....
    in front of the love of my life.

Please tell me my analogy made the difference between necessity and causality clear though, because I worked hard on it, and it seems to have flown right over Biblicist's head.

I can't make it any clearer.......

And P.M or re-post that story...
    It was AWESOME!!!

I read it ten times at least!

7. Inspector Javert

:wavey::thumbsup:WOOT!!!!!:thumbsup:

40 YEARS!!!!

And I'm bragging about my 6......

God bless you and the lovely missus!!:jesus:

8. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

thank you kindly! I can truthfully say that our marriage has been relatively heaven on earth for both of us. We are a team when it comes to facing trouble and both have looked to the very same coach all 40 years. I wish that my children will have even half the happy marriage we have had. Thank you again.

9. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

I appreciate you working hard on it. I did understand it. I agree "correlation" is present but not without any logical relationship. I simply did not agree with your application and I presented the reasons why.

10. Inspector Javert

11. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

12. Winman

Winman Active Member

http://www.baptistboard.com/showpost.php?p=2073507&postcount=193

There is more to the story.

Next year was 4th grade, but unfortunately Pam was in another class with my best friend Randy. The only time I saw her was at lunch time in the cafeteria, when I could sit at her table.

One day I did sit right in front of her with Randy. As usual, I had to harass the poor girl to show her I loved her. That is what 10 year old boys do.

There was a little piece of Salisbury Steak on the table covered with gravy. I pointed to it and said, "Oooooh look Randy, there's a piece of barf on the table, somebody threw up their Salisbury Steak.". Randy of course played along as best friends do in these important situations.

Suddenly, without warning, Pam threw up all over her tray! Uggghhh! It was horrible, it shot out of her and splattered all over her tray. Randy and I both clasped our hands over our mouths to prevent ourselves from throwing up as well. I almost lost it!

Pam ran away, and Randy and I had to get up to prevent ourselves from getting sick. It was dreadful.

I dunno, I guess it just wasn't meant to be.

Anyway, a few months later Randy caught me after school and told me Pam had been caught passing a note to a friend that said she loved me! :love2:

That was so awesome, but then we moved to Florida and I never saw her again.

I just wonder if she remembers the little boy who scarred her leg and made her throw up her lunch? I bet she does.

13. Inspector Javert

SHE LOVED YOU DUDE!!!! :love2:

That's all that will ever matter.

Pam and Winman, sittin' in a tree...

K.
    I.
    S.
    S.
    I.
    N.
    G.

Pam loved you!!!!!! :love2:

You have no room for complaint.

14. Inspector Javert

15. Winman

Winman Active Member

No, I guess I can't ask for anything better. If we would have dated when we were older, then she probably really would hate me. :laugh:

So, I am satisfied, the Lord is good!

16. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    This thread is closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.